Snowpiercer | The Boneyard

Snowpiercer

Reaction Score
Anyone else seen this? Weather has been utter crap lately, so it's been about catching up on movies and books a little.

Heard about this one via word of mouth. Sounded an awful lot like Hunger Games on a train but that's kind of snarky.

Anyways.. It's worth a look if you need to take your mind off of awful UConn football. It's on Netflix if you have it or DirecTV PPV.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Anyone else seen this? Weather has been utter crap lately, so it's been about catching up on movies and books a little.

Heard about this one via word of mouth. Sounded an awful lot like Hunger Games on a train but that's kind of snarky.

Anyways.. It's worth a look if you need to take your mind off of awful UConn football. It's on Netflix if you have it or DirecTV PPV.

I second Snowpiercer. Absolutely a high-end B-Movie, but enjoyable.

SPOILER ALERT

Zoo. Help me settle an argument about the ending. My view is that the ending is the end of human civilization.

We are on the train because humans were incapable of taking more responsible, long-term measures to manage the planets climate so resorted to the aerosol (or whatever) to cool the planet. That theme repeats itself when the humans couldn't wait for the planet's recovery to be more advanced (or at least wait until they were not under a cliff) to blow the door on the train. After it crashes we have a surviving female and male. But there is a polar bear...that polar bear has to eat them right? My buddy is convinced that just shows there is other life on the planet.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
I second Snowpiercer. Absolutely a high-end B-Movie, but enjoyable.

SPOILER ALERT

Zoo. Help me settle an argument about the ending. My view is that the ending is the end of human civilization.

We are on the train because humans were incapable of taking more responsible, long-term measures to manage the planets climate so resorted to the aerosol (or whatever) to cool the planet. That theme repeats itself when the humans couldn't wait for the planet's recovery to be more advanced (or at least wait until they were not under a cliff) to blow the door on the train. After it crashes we have a surviving female and male. But there is a polar bear...that polar bear has to eat them right? My buddy is convinced that just shows there is other life on the planet.

Thoughts?

I didn't consider that angle.

I think that Wilford knew the world had warmed enough to be habitable. The classroom scene showed that the children were being indoctrinated by instilling a fear of everything on the outside of the train.

So I also think that while two people survived in that one scene, that other people in other cars would have probably also survived. So even if they were eaten, there would have been other humans to go on.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen the movie...any thoughts on if the series will be watchable?

Reaction Score
Jumping in years late, but I recall thinking they survived and the ending being a hopeful one RE: humanity. Good movie. Great production values and direction from what I remember.

I'm DVRing the series, will give it some time to build up a few eps before jumping in.

Reaction Score
I liked the movie. Kind of a silly premise but they played it straight and the story line was interesting. And I loved that the cure for global warming destroyed the world. Great stuff.

Watched episode one. They are going to have to do better. They have not established any rationale for keeping the tail (which they did in the movie). I'm a sucker for any science fiction with decent production values, so I'm in for a while.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom