Sneaking in Gampel Tips | The Boneyard

Sneaking in Gampel Tips

Reaction Score
Good Evening to all,

A certain report card (not me) may or may not be on campus visiting tomorrow. If a certain report card (not me) were to try and sneak in the heavens some people refer to as Gampel, how would you advise said RC to enter Gampel Stadium? I bring more energy than Big Red on crack.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Open the door and walk in. It’s always open. At least it was prior to covid.

Reaction Score
if it were several years ago I would have advised you to enter thru all the cracks in the roof staining the ceiling. Nowadays, I'd show up as the "Covid Cleaning Service" with an emergency order to clean up the bowels of Gampel.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
For some reason (definitely not the once in a lifetime pandemic we are going thru) I doubt you will get in. Good luck though. would be nice to see some of the commoners who identify as members of the yard to get into this earthly heaven.

Reaction Score
Oh yes, and tell 'em you know Big Red! But, in case you haven't heard, Big Red has converted to Big Blue. ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201229-121540.jpg
    Screenshot_20201229-121540.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 247

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I used to sneak into XL all the time when I was young and broke. Smoking section.

Reaction Score
At one time I had keys to the place, but that was 29 years ago. I was a student athletic trainer.

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I did that to walk into a movie set one time. Met William Shatner and Paul Smith.
Was this the set of ‘Disaster on the Coastliner’ or something, filmed here in CT? My uncle worked on the rails and told people about meeting Shatner and “Lebowski’s dad” ?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
This is a great start. Then add one of those key rings with about 200 keys on it, on one of those retractable string thing to your belt.

Have a cell phone clipped to your belt and a hand held walkie talkie clipped to your best by your shoulder.

Safety goggles as well.

If you can find a vest with "SAFETY" on it, even better

Reaction Score
I know kids who just walked into Gampel earlier this season and watched the games. Seems like there may not even be security there lol

Reaction Score
It used to be that you just walked through the field house and through the doors. But then again that was almost 20 years ago and every time I visit campus it looks like an entirely different place.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It used to be that you just walked through the field house and through the doors. But then again that was almost 20 years ago and every time I visit campus it looks like an entirely different place.
I did that one time with my kids and stopped in to watch a Calhoun practice with my kids one time. Everything was going well until JC noticed us, turned and looked at Hobbsy and shrugged who nodded and came over to us. He was very polite, almost apologetic, but told us it was a closed practice.

1611774483439.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I did that one time with kids and stopped in to watch a Calhoun practice with my kids one time. Everything was going well until JC stopped us turned and looked at Hobbsy and shrugged who nodded and came over to us. He was very polite, almost apologetic, but told us it was a closed practice.

View attachment 63991

I was on a date at that Mexican place that used to be up there, Margarita's I think? Anyways, it was after the Mich. St. game in 99 and there was an enormous line of rowdy UConn fans. JC walked in with his wife and son, looked right at everyone, nodded to silence us, and then proceeded to his table. Nobody minded at all... Not sure why your story reminded me of that, but it did.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I was on a date at that Mexican place that used to be up there, Margarita's I think? Anyways, it was after the Mich. St. game in 99 and there was an enormous line of rowdy UConn fans. JC walked in with his wife and son, looked right at everyone, nodded to silence us, and then proceeded to his table. Nobody minded at all... Not sure why your story reminded me of that, but it did.
Haha, loved this story. The man has a presence about him, doesn't he?

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Good Evening to all,

A certain report card (not me) may or may not be on campus visiting tomorrow. If a certain report card (not me) were to try and sneak in the heavens some people refer to as Gampel, how would you advise said RC to enter Gampel Stadium? I bring more energy than Big Red on crack.
On the north side of Separatist Road, maybe 75 feet east of Cheney Road, is a grate in a short hill. Its covered with invasives. Sweep them away and pry open the grate. Its a foul-smelling cavern of hellstench but it slopes downward for about 45 feet and then is a straight level shot to Gampel's mechanical room. It's an unlit journey.

The opening looks like:

1611790503005.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom