OT: - SMU's starting lineup v Houston | The Boneyard

OT: SMU's starting lineup v Houston

Reaction Score
SMU beat Houston 85-83 yesterday with this starting lineup (in bold):

1644505395391.png

Crazy that only 24 minutes total were played by players 6'6+. Their best big, Isiah Jasey, is our for the year w/ an achilles injury so SMU will continue their fight on the bubble with a super small lineup.

Reaction Score
Carlton looked like a giant out there and pretty much had his way during the time I peeked in.

Reaction Score
yeah i have watched a decent amount of smu this year for whatever reason. their lineups are tiny! you have to give jankovich some credit for experimenting -- i actually really liked their post-larry brown team with ojeleye, milton, and sterling brown. similar idea, but with more size overall.

Reaction Score
lmao their starting "center" is smaller than our starting 2 guard. How many points would Sanogo score on them? 40+?

Reaction Score
yeah i have watched a decent amount of smu this year for whatever reason. their lineups are tiny! you have to give jankovich some credit for experimenting -- i actually really liked their post-larry brown team with ojeleye, milton, and sterling brown. similar idea, but with more size overall.
I agree. SMU was one of the teams I enjoyed following while we were in the AAC...they were usually somewhere between pretty good and very good.

I do like Jankovich as a coach too. Adjusts his style to his players, which I admire. The team you are referring to had a ton of "medium size"...their lineup was like 6'6, 6'6, 6'6, 6'7, 6'8 passed the ball excellently, shot well and played super slow. This year, he's pushing the tempo. Just a good coach overall and seems like a good guy.

Reaction Score
Carlton looked like a giant out there and pretty much had his way during the time I peeked in.
It's wild that he had only 5 rebounds. I presume they were just able to draw him out the perimeter? That would explain the foul troubles too. It's hard to give up that much size/speed on defense, but hard to put someone on the bench that will have such an advantage on offense.

Reaction Score
lmao their starting "center" is smaller than our starting 2 guard. How many points would Sanogo score on them? 40+?
No necessarily, bigs tend to get in foul trouble guarding those guys.
Actually I believe Carlton fouled out in that game. First time since he has been at Houston. How much was home cooking I don’t know. But he always hated chasing those litttle 5’s.
Sonogo is maybe 6’8” and Whaley 6’7” are not much bigger than 6’6” themselves. Although both play bigger.

Reaction Score
SMU beat Houston 85-83 yesterday with this starting lineup (in bold):

View attachment 73162

Crazy that only 24 minutes total were played by players 6'6+. Their best big, Isiah Jasey, is our for the year w/ an achilles injury so SMU will continue their fight on the bubble with a super small lineup.
Looks like the roster of a MAAC team, complete with one token big (Clark) getting marginal minutes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom