SMU's Semi Ojeleye Declares For NBA Draft- Won't Hire Agent | The Boneyard

SMU's Semi Ojeleye Declares For NBA Draft- Won't Hire Agent

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

is it a sure thing he is gone? Would love for him to come back for his Sr. year but he's obviously older and I'm not sure how much coming back would really do for him

Reaction Score
He's coming back I think this is all about testing the waters, he needs another year

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think he should hire an agent and go away.

My hunch is that he's gone.

He's essentially a senior and he's the kind of guy who might blow up at the combine - he's already a fringe first-rounder.

Not a lot to gain by coming back next year.

Reaction Score
I can't wait for this board to meltdown when Adams tests the waters. "Declaring for the draft without an agent" is basically the best news a college coach can hear this time of year - it's essentially doing what any reasonable person would do while affirming your love for the school by not committing to anything.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
I think he should be gone. He's being mocked in the 1st round in some of the mocks I've seen. I know mocks are mocks for a reason but the kid looks legit and was a stud at the end of this yr. He's built like a truck. He can shoot it. Certainly athletic enough. I think he'd be a good pro for the right team.

Reaction Score
He already got his degree and has a good head on his shoulders I think he should go and prove himself at the combine

Reaction Score
Any kid who's on the NBA radar could benefit from declaring for the draft without an agent. Best case, a team likes you enough to guarantee they'll pick you. Worst case, you go head-to-head against NBA prospect peers, get feedback about your game from NBA personnel, and you return to school to improve.

Ojeleye is already built like an NBA player, and will likely be gone. I expect Adams may declare at some point, and hopefully he'll get some feedback about areas in his game to improve.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I agree with Fishy. He is ready. This guy played great against every team. Maybe Duke would be marching on if they had him. He should go away now.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Whatever choice he makes, I hope it works out. He's a great kid.

Reaction Score
seems like SMU could fall off a cliff - that little point guard finally left last year with Kennedy, now I think Sterling Brown and Ben Moore and maybe Semi. They had their big recruit decommit or not be eligible from a prep school and then the kid from Australia they liked took off after the first semester. Really thin roster.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
seems like SMU could fall off a cliff - that little point guard finally left last year with Kennedy, now I think Sterling Brown and Ben Moore and maybe Semi. They had their big recruit decommit or not be eligible from a prep school and then the kid from Australia they liked took off after the first semester. Really thin roster.
yeah but they also have Jamahl McMurray (sp?) from USF coming in next year who averaged 20.3 ppg for the Bulls and a 4* PG and Shake will still be there. Plus the Arkansas transfer. Thinking they'll be fine but they really could use a big.

Reaction Score
yeah but they also have Jamahl McMurray (sp?) from USF coming in next year who averaged 20.3 ppg for the Bulls and a 4* PG and Shake will still be there. Plus the Arkansas transfer. Thinking they'll be fine but they really could use a big.
Didn't realize McMurray wow. Shake is nice. I looked up the Arkansas transfer who looks good too. I stand corrected! Thanks for educating me!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can definitely be a Draymond Green type player in the NBA...except he's a nice kid.

Reaction Score

is it a sure thing he is gone? Would love for him to come back for his Sr. year but he's obviously older and I'm not sure how much coming back would really do for him

I would say so. The kid is 22, has a degree, coming off a break out season-Makes too much sense for him to leave, even if he isn't project as a high pick. I definitely think Semi will find his way onto a roster within a year or two.

Reaction Score
Can definitely be a Draymond Green type player in the NBA...except he's a nice kid.

Ummmm, really? There are huge character concerns.
Maybe not on the basketball court, but the incident at Duke was ugly.

Reaction Score
Ummmm, really? There are huge character concerns.
Maybe not on the basketball court, but the incident at Duke was ugly.
Are you confusing him with someone else? He left duke on good terms, and I couldn't find reports of any "incident"

Reaction Score
Draymond Green is Draymond Green because he's surrounded by Steph, Klay, KD, Iggy, etc
Draymond would be an All-Star on any team. Some of his aggressiveness and edge is due to being on such a good team, but he's a top 5 defender, can defend pretty much any position, a great passer, hits 3s.... he's really really good. He's an ass, but a he'd be great anywhere

Reaction Score
Are you confusing him with someone else? He left duke on good terms, and I couldn't find reports of any "incident"

Yes. My fault. Man, all year long I thought he was the one who did what Raseid Sulaimon did. WOW.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom