SMU | The Boneyard

SMU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We must beat the best to move on--that is simple. This is a tourney game--we need it to advance right now, they dont.

I will say this about SMU--if they ever had Mudiay--they would be 25-1 or something like that and IMHO odds to win the championship wouldve been very high.

They also beat us twice last year--we owe payback.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
Cant wait. And finally another top 25 game.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
We are Doomed!!
We seriously are. That team and style is engineered to beat us. They don't turn the ball over which we need to manufacture offense and they move the ball for 30 seconds then power it deep into the post where they play physical and finish which is a sure fire way to take Amida out of the game.

Doomed.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Larry Brown hasn't won a 1,000 games because he got lucky.

Reaction Score
We must beat the best to move on--that is simple. This is a tourney game--we need it to advance right now, they dont.

I will say this about SMU--if they ever had Mudiay--they would be 25-1 or something like that and IMHO odds to win the championship wouldve been very high.

They also beat us twice last year--we owe payback.

Put a future bet on SMU over summer when they still had him...I will gladly lose that money for 2 Uconn wins though

Reaction Score
Ive seen SMU 3 times. The problem we will have with them is they have 3 bigs who can all play and Marcus Kennedy who comes off the bench is a match up nightmare. Their PG reminds me of Jose Barea--not tall but strong efficient and greatly effective. We need to swarm him key on him because hes their engine who can play from 26 feet out. If he gets 20+ it will be tough. If we get him to shoot 3-9 and Brimah stays out of FT--we can win.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Ive seen SMU 3 times. The problem we will have with them is they have 3 bigs who can all play and Marcus Kennedy who comes off the bench is a match up nightmare. Their PG reminds me of Jose Barea--not tall but strong efficient and greatly effective. We need to swarm him key on him because hes their engine who can play from 26 feet out. If he gets 20+ it will be tough. If we get him to shoot 3-9 and Brimah stays out of FT--we can win.
Everyone on this board should know who Nic Moore is from last year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
@ESPNLunardi: “@YoungJands: @ESPNLunardi Would a win @ SMU put UConn in first four out territory?” Probably.
Who cares??????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who wants to be out?
UConn needs to work the games in front of them and at the end of the season all will take care of itself.
Lunardi is a greaseball and people hate him if he says something negative about their team and applaud him when the news is positive
He's an attention hack

Reaction Score
Who cares??????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who wants to be out?
UConn needs to work the games in front of them and at the end of the season all will take care of itself.
Lunardi is a greaseball and people hate him if he says something negative about their team and applaud him when the news is positive
He's an attention hack
The man makes a living for charting and taking credit for obvious things, and changing his predictions every week. At tournament selection every year, are there a lot of huge surprises? No, just a couple, and he struts around with a eating grin with everyone at ESPN praising him to the rafters. Absurd. On the other hand I'm jealous that a good living can be made with this sham.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think if we win tomorrow night, we run the table and go 14-4 in AAC and win the regular season title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom