SMU women's basketball program is cancelling the remainder of its season... | The Boneyard

SMU women's basketball program is cancelling the remainder of its season...

Reaction Score
Next...

-> The team was 0-6 for the season and 0-2 in the American Athletic Conference. It was scheduled to host Cincinnati on Wednesday afternoon.

“Potential virus-related issues including the possibility of isolation, quarantine and season disruptions resulted in a decision by the student-athletes to opt out of the 2020-21 season,” the statement read.<-

Last edited:

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Next...

-> The team was 0-6 for the season and 0-2 in the American Athletic Conference. It was scheduled to host Cincinnati on Wednesday afternoon.

“Potential virus-related issues including the possibility of isolation, quarantine and season disruptions resulted in a decision by the student-athletes to opt out of the 2020-21 season,” the statement read.<-

Probably opting out due to their awful record as much as anything else. As someone on Twitter noted, if the AD cared about the players well-being, he wouldve canned Mays long ago.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When Duke shut down WBB a few days ago, it may have been the canary in the coal mine. Whatever SMU’s justification, there will undoubtedly be other programs that come to the same decision in the days and weeks ahead.

Reaction Score
Don't forget Florida A&M opted before their season was to have started. Duke is the first program to do it after competition started if my memory serves correct.

This will continue to be a rollercoaster of a season. I just hope all of the players come through it healthy, both physically and mentally.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom