SMU vs. Cincy AAC final | The Boneyard

SMU vs. Cincy AAC final

Reaction Score
Mustangs off to quick start, Mick already whining to the refs.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Clark's shooting arm is a little tired today. Too many 15 foot set shots.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
2 minutes left in the first half, 10 total fouls for both teams. SMH.

Reaction Score
9 total fouls called in this game nearing the end of the 1st half...neither team may reach the bonus. These are the 2 most physical teams in the league. You think there might have been some discussions between the AAC and officials after last night's debacle?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
SMU is going to be fun to watch in the NCAA tournament. Thats my sleeper team for sure.

Reaction Score
SMU is going to be fun to watch in the NCAA tournament. Thats my sleeper team for sure.

They're really good. Had some lapses in this tourney (ECU) but are really tough to beat. Amazing they started the year 4-3 (lost to Michigan, USC, and Boise), and only lost once since.

Reaction Score
SMU and Michigan are my sleeper teams to make a nice run (at least to the elite 8). I know I have been down on smu recently, but I am quickly changing my mind.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
The XL draws more during Wolfpack Dollar Dog nights than this game.

Reaction Score
Cincy getting run out. They are in full march mode, and were ripe to get picked off yesterday if they called the game like this.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
SMU can cause some damage - as long as they stay out of foul trouble
If they decide to play some D - UCLA has the offense to go far

Reaction Score
and they got a 6 seed in Nova & Duke, & Baylor's bracket.

We know about the committee disrepect for this conference, but SMU could surprise some people.

Reaction Score
Just got back from the game. We all better hope SMU reps well in the tournament because they were by far the best team in Hartford. If they don't measure up to the rest of the country I'm not sure what it says about the state of the rest of the AAC which include us. The ball movement, the motor they play at, and their shooting certainly made me feel envious. They were an easy team to root for.

Cincinnati was flat and tight from the start. I was waiting for them to shake it off thinking it was just a lay over from last night and make this a good game but they never seriously challenged them. Brick after brick after brick from outside. Little adjustments from Cronin. Typical March Cincinnati.

Cincinnati was tougher than us. SMU was much tougher than Cincinnati. So far all the talk about Ollie's X's and O's, I think right now if anything, he needs to be pressured to evaluate talent better and bring in that better talent, because we need more talent.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The XL draws more during Wolfpack Dollar Dog nights than this game.
Dude, don't bash Wolfpack dollar dog nights. No where else can you eat so many mediocre hot dogs and drink so many mediocre beers for under $20.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Dude, don't bash Wolfpack dollar dog nights. No where else can you eat so many mediocre hot dogs and drink so many mediocre beers for under $20.
Oh. I'm not. Those are the only nights I'll get wildly drunk in Hartford. I love em!

The hotdogs, to me, taste amazing after your 6th beer. Mmmm.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
A six seed stinks in plain English and I hope they get to the final 8 at least and think they could. They are underrated by the folks in the know

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
A six seed stinks in plain English and I hope they get to the final 8 at least and think they could. They are underrated by the folks in the know
they will beat Baylor.

Something about the Big 12 being stuck in 1962 as a 10 team conference seems to inflate their teams' metrics every single year. They have the consistency of Kansas being a top 5 team every year and all year to boost everyone's RPI, then each team plays every other team twice each year giving each team an even greater boost to RPI and resume.

C

Chief00

Still not happy about yesterday - do agree with the comment we need more talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom