SMU by 2.5 | The Boneyard

SMU by 2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we wait 8 minutes to get a hoop were gonna get rocked. After this weekend to think we got 81 on smu just 2 weeks ago is really hard to believe. If we pull this out , someone has to step up again. Brown is too good to let boat beat him. Everyone will need to step up, but someone else, like purvis did, will need to be the man. It's time for Hamilton to put his first footprint in uconn history...

Reaction Score
They seemed to be tired while talking after the game. I think a 45 minute shower a big meal and 10 hours of sleep in their own beds will be rejuvinate everyone. Were due for an A game and we have our lives to play for at this point SMU is wayin.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
We have everything to play for. SMU has nothing to play for. Motivation, emotion and intensity could tip the balance a little in our favor.

Reaction Score
They seemed to be tired while talking after the game. I think a 45 minute shower a big meal and 10 hours of sleep in their own beds will be rejuvinate everyone. Were due for an A game and we have our lives to play for at this point SMU is wayin.

They are tired. That was a big problem today and will likely be tomorrow as well. Happened to see some of the team at the Hilton following the game. They really looked beat up, especially Boat who was sporting ice packs on both knees.

Reaction Score
We have everything to play for. SMU has nothing to play for. Motivation, emotion and intensity could tip the balance a little in our favor.

I don't know, I think winning the conference championship will provide plenty of motivation for SMU as well as blocking the defending National Champions from getting into the tournament. Let's face it, we're doomed.

Reaction Score
A conf tourney is plenty to play for

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
DOOMED!!!! Tired, cannot shoot, vs smu!!!!
Dooooooomed.jpg

Reaction Score

Considering what happened to SMU last year, I'm sure they're thinking that the difference between a win and a loss today could be several seed positions.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
We had to play an extra game, but this our house. Those two factors cancel each other out, so the game is a toss up.

It's important we score before the 8th minute because it won't be 7-0 like yesterday. It will be 15-0 or worse.

Reaction Score
If we wait 8 minutes to get a hoop were gonna get rocked. After this weekend to think we got 81 on smu just 2 weeks ago is really hard to believe. If we pull this out , someone has to step up again. Brown is too good to let boat beat him. Everyone will need to step up, but someone else, like purvis did, will need to be the man. It's time for Hamilton to put his first footprint in uconn history...
nah. this is in the bag. not really, but lets all be positive!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Realistically SMU is playing for a difference in a 4 and 6 seed today, I think.

Reaction Score
Keep in mind that SMU plays 8 players, so they are not the deepest team in the world. They have some depth in the front court, but not on the wings. Nic Moore has played 40 minutes in both games, and Manuel and Brown have played over 35 min in both games.

I think the key to the game defensively is to do what we did last time: shut Nic Moore down. I don't care if Kennedy gets his 15-20 points, but keep Moore from going off, and I think we find a way to win.

I would consider playing zone against SMU for stretches of the game to a) save our legs, and b) force them to hit perimeter shots. SMU's butter is their post game, but they are not known as a great 3 point shooting team, sans Moore.

Reaction Score
If we start playing zone at any time my head will explode . Any zone KO throws out there usually gets shredded , mainly because he coaches based on man2man principles

Reaction Score
UConn went zone for one possession against SMU the last game against Hartford and SMU promptly hit a wide open 3. That zone wasn't seen again, even on dead legs their man to man D will be better than a zone.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Line movement SMU -3.5 - good mojo for us. More $ on SMU and public is rarely right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom