SMU 2/18 Statistical Analysis | The Boneyard

SMU 2/18 Statistical Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Shonn Miller: 31 MP, 12 PTS, 5-8 FG, 0-1 3P, 2-2 FT, 7 REB, 1 AST, 2 STL, 2 TO, ORtg 112 w/ 19% USG
  • His usage rate could've been higher, but the cumulative 40% usaage between he and Brimah in 64 total minutes is something I loved to see
  • He had his midrange game going as Brimah was more prominent in the post than he has typically been
  • Clip: Absolutely works a good defender in Ben Moore

Amida Brimah: 33 MP, 16 PTS, 6-8 FG, 4-5 FT, 8 REB (2 OR, 6 DR), 5 BLK, 1 TO, ORtg 152 w/ 21% USG
  • Obviously an incredible performance from the big guy
  • Great mix of rebounding and shot blocking while staying out of foul trouble (kept his hands off his man)
  • Brimah isn't as skilled as Miller, but can still make a high percentage of close shot attempts. I hope this gives him the confidence to look to score more often. We need more post scoring than just Miller's.
  • Also drew 2 charges
  • Kennedy was a ghost in the second half and clearly had lost confidence. Credit Brimah there.
Daniel Hamilton: 22 MP, 14 PTS, 4-11 FG, 2-6 3P, 4-5 FT, 6 REB, 4 AST, 1 STL, 2 TO, ORtg 109 w/ 40% USG
  • It's beating a dead horse at this point, but he needs to cut down on his low percentage shots
  • Instead of leaning and contorting to get a shot off, embrace contact. He's a tremendous free throw shooter and much better when not shooting off of the dribble
  • 40% usage is too much. Hopefully we keep working Adams in more and more as he's a great change of pace for the offense
  • SPLASH

Sterling Gibbs: 30 MP, 5 PTS, 2-6 FG, 1-3 3P, 2 REB, 2 AST, 0 TO
Omar Calhoun:
25 MP, 7 PTS, 3-8 FG, 1-4 3P, 3 REB, 2 AST, 0 TO
  • Niether of Gibbs and Calhoun shot too well tonight, but both logged big minutes because they both took care of the ball.
  • Gibbs in particular played much more in control than he has recently despite not having his shooting stroke going.
  • Calhoun didn't have the ball in his hand as much, but this kid has gotten so much tougher, especially on the defensive side (which kept him off the court often last year)
  • Gibbs' second bucket was a strong drive where he out muscled Moore for a layup at a point where SMU was in the middle of a stretch of 3 consecutive FG (2 were 3P). Huge two points that probably stopped a cold streak from being born.
  • Calhoun with a perfect lob to Brimah in the clutch

Jalen Adams:
22 MP, 9 PTS, 3-9 FG, 0-1 3P, 3-3 FT, 2 REB, 0 AST, 1 TO, ORtg 91
Rodney Purvis: 21 MP, 3 PTS, 1-6 FG, 1-4 3P, 1 REB, 1 STL, 0 TO
  • Purvis just didn't have anything going for him. A big problem for him is that if he isn't scoring, he becomes a complete non-factor. I think he's in his own head more than most players we've had.
  • Didn't log many minutes as a result, but one positive is that unlike most games where he struggles from the field, he didn't start turning the ball over either. I hope Purvis just shakes this one off.
Kentan Facey: 9 MIN, 2 PTS, 1-1 FG, 2 REB, 1 AST, 1 BLK, 0 TO
  • Ollie didn't have to play Facey much because Brimah stayed out of foul trouble finally
Phil Nolan: See Here

Huge win for the boys. Hopefully Amida carries some confidence/offense with him going forward, because he was spectacular. What a high level game. Both Moores, Brown, and Milton came to play and this was just a great basketball game regardless of who you root for. Nice to have a pretty game before Cincy which is always a tshow. Let's keep it going.

Reaction Score
Instead of leaning and contorting to get a shot off, embrace contact. He's a tremendous free throw shooter and much better when not shooting off of the dribble

Couldn't agree with this more than anything in the world. He tries so hard to avoid his defender, half the time he's already got them on their heels and scrambling too.

GREAT stuff Stats!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Great post. If you made a thread like this after every game you'd have almost as many likes as @tcf15 .

Reaction Score
Great post. If you made a thread like this after every game you'd have almost as many likes as @tcf15 .
Let's not get crazy. I'm shooting to be a low volume high efficiency internet presence.

I should thank him actually because it was fun using his game replay to add my favorite plays into this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom