OT - Smokin' Joe Frazier Dies | The Boneyard

OT - Smokin' Joe Frazier Dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As a Sports + History fan, I will always be thankful and mesmerized by the Thrilla in Manila. Frazier was an absolute warrior, and his excellence provided an excellent foil to Ali.

RIP

Reaction Score
RIP Smokin Joe.

Ali, during first fight with Joe Frazier: "Don't you know I'm God?" Frazier: "God, you're gonna get your ass kicked tonight."

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Before I was into boxing my math teacher dubbed me Smokin' Joe. I thought it was a really cool nickname.

RIP Joe. You were a baaaad man!

Reaction Score
He was, in his words, "A small piece of leather, but well put together." An Olympic Gold Medal Winner, the Ali-Frazier fights were the greatest of all time.

Reaction Score
+1 great fight memories.
He was, in his words, "A small piece of leather, but well put together." An Olympic Gold Medal Winner, the Ali-Frazier fights were the greatest of all time.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Growing up I awlays liked Joe...I prefered him over Ali.....onetime my dad came home from a business trip and told me he saw Frazier....and I got all excited until he told it was a the name of the lion at a zoo he went to.....LOL

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
I'm originally from 'Philly and trust me, the city lost one of it's greatest icons last night. He was an absolute legend down there.

RIP, Smokin' Joe...

Reaction Score
As a Sports + History fan, I will always be thankful and mesmerized by the Thrilla in Manila. Frazier was an absolute warrior, and his excellence provided an excellent foil to Ali.

RIP
Frazier was an undersized heavyweight with the most devastating left hook ever.
I had a chance to meet Joe Frazier at a friends recording studio in Hartford in the 80's. Joe was recording Stagger Lee and thinking about a music career. Not much of a singer but a really nice guy. RIP

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Much too young. RIP Joe Frazier.

Reaction Score
I went to the 1st Ali-Frazer fight at the old Poli theater in Waterbury (now the Palace) We paid the then ridiculous sum of $15. The Poli was jammed that night and closed shortly afterward for 35+ years. Great fight, 1st of 3 great fights.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That Bryant Gumball did a real hatchet job on Frazier back in the day. What an balloon knot

Reaction Score

RIP

RIP

I had hoped that this thread would focus on paying respects to Joe Frazier without bring in too much history. Unfortunately, you chose to go beyond paying respect to Joe Frazier "the fighter" to include Joe Frazier "the establishment representative."

IMHO, there are many people who may have perceived Joe Frazier "the establishment representative" as having been less that a positive thing.

In the event that I misunderstood your point, I sincerely apologize.

Peace,

John Fryer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member