Smallball Lineup | The Boneyard

Smallball Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Second game in a row it's been outscored, outrebounded and generally outplayed.

It doesn't make sense for us to trot this out without a rim protector because we're not good enough defensively on the perimeter to stop dribble penetration. I like that KO's experimenting, but he needed to nip it in the bud earlier tonight.

Still... nice to play a C+ game and win by 15.

Reaction Score
We blew the game open w/ our "smallball" lineup, didn't we? I thought we were a vastly better team w/ Amida on the bench until LeVert blew up. There are some games where Amida is not going to be overly effective simply b/c of the style of game. For the first 28 minutes, this was one of those games.

Reaction Score
We went on a run with the small ball team last game and treaded water tonight. Incorrect premise.

Reaction Score
Second game in a row it's been outscored, outrebounded and generally outplayed.

It doesn't make sense for us to trot this out without a rim protector because we're not good enough defensively on the perimeter to stop dribble penetration. I like that KO's experimenting, but he needed to nip it in the bud earlier tonight.

Still... nice to play a C+ game and win by 15.

While it certainly hasn't looked great so far, it's worth experimenting with now, so we have the option to use it later in the season.

Brimah is a game-changing rim protector, but our small-ball lineup puts arguably our five most talented players on the floor at once, in what should, in theory, be a viable lineup. I'm perfectly content going through some growing pains now if it'll pay off later in the season.

Reaction Score
I like this line up towards the end of both halfs, it really chokes off penetration because adams is apparently an elite defender already, both him and purvis are premier defensive players who can guard 1,2 or 3. If miller can pick his spots on defense more when he is playing center, this can be the homerun lineup. Especially vs a team tomorrow that plays a 2-3 zone; miller at the five is a must tomorrow for large minutes imo

Reaction Score
I just think UConn was taking quick shots and 3s and not working the ball around when it went up by 19. Purvis, Gibbs and Adams were all guilty of rushing shots. Especially after Purvis showed he could drive on Michigan and draw fouls. That should have been the strategy--assuming of course they could hit free throws.

Reaction Score
Every time we go to the smallball lineup we get absolutely skullf****d. There's nothing left to be learned about this - our guards are not good at stopping dribble penetration, which means we absolutely must play with a true rim protector on the back line.

Maryland just turned an 11-point lead into a 16-point lead in 60 seconds by just driving right to the damn hoop.

If I get drunk and bored enough around Christmas I'm going to go through all this year's film and calculate our smallball +/-. I guarantee it's abysmal.

Reaction Score
Every time we go to the smallball lineup we get absolutely skullf****d. There's nothing left to be learned about this - our guards are not good at stopping dribble penetration, which means we absolutely must play with a true rim protector on the back line.

Maryland just turned an 11-point lead into a 16-point lead in 60 seconds by just driving right to the damn hoop.

If I get drunk and bored enough around Christmas I'm going to go through all this year's film and calculate our smallball +/-. I guarantee it's abysmal.

I originally thought that the small ball lineup would be our go to lineup, but the stats and eye test is obvious. Against top tier competition we are not good enough defensively to play small.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom