Small Hope | The Boneyard

Small Hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The only good thing that comes out of today is while there are now less options for UCONN, there are also a lot less options for the Big 12 and the B!G. A lot less, especially if you believe the GOR is binding in the ACC, which for the sake of this post, we will assume. I really don't think UCONN is a viable option for the Big 12, if they decide they have to host a CCG, and go to 12 teams. I think Cincinnati and a BYU or Boise State are more likely there. But if the B!G decides to go to 16, I don't see how UCONN isn't option 1 or 2 at this point.

There really is no where else for them to turn. They are not taking Cincinnati based on their academic profile. But the worry is, who would be the dance partner for UCONN? Missouri? Geographically it would make sense as you could add Missouri to the Western Division, and UCONN to the Eastern Division.

Would the B!G do it? Who knows. If they want Missouri, I would think they would add them ASAP, especially with the SEC Network about to come out. Then add UCONN, go to 16 teams, and have the Northeast Market tied up with Maryland, UCONN, Penn State and Rutgers.

Wishful thinking on my part. Probably won't happen...

Reaction Score
Great post, and was thinking same thing. Only unlikely or difficult scenario here is who would be their sister school? No Northeast partners now with BCU and Cuse locked into ACC, Cincy is a nonstarter for B1G, can the B1G really or be interested in poaching Mizzou or Kansas?

Reaction Score
Got people over on the Cuse board celebrating like they just won a national championship because UConn continues to be frozen out of good leagues. I don't really get it. We hate the Orange and their fans, they hate the Huskies and our fans, that's what makes it fun to watch.

I want Syracuse to lose every game in every sport they play, but I wouldn't wish our situation on any rival.

Man, duck the AAC.

Reaction Score
Got people over on the Cuse board celebrating like they just won a national championship because UConn continues to be frozen out of good leagues. I don't really get it. We hate the Orange and their fans, they hate the Huskies and our fans, that's what makes it fun to watch.

I want Syracuse to lose every game in every sport they play, but I wouldn't wish our situation on any rival.

Man, duck the AAC.
Lets be fair. Its not like this board, me definitely included, won't rejoice when the NCAA comes down hard on them, bans them from 2 postseasons, reduces scholarships, and forces boehiem to vacate wins! Let those fools remain delusional, but the truth is we accomplished more in 20 years than they have in 50!

Reaction Score
Lets be fair. Its not like this board, me definitely included, won't rejoice when the NCAA comes down hard on them, bans them from 2 postseasons, reduces scholarships, and forces boehiem to vacate wins! Let those fools remain delusional, but the truth is we accomplished more in 20 years than they have in 50!
Sure, we'll be happy when they're handed some sanctions, but those are temporary no matter how severe they are.

The AAC is the kind of thing you don't wish on anyone. That, and our new football helmets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom