Slip-sliding into the unspeakable | The Boneyard

Slip-sliding into the unspeakable

Reaction Score
"LaVols", "Warning", "Holly" and uncountable posts about all that is wrong about the Team/Geno's coaching. Are all signs that look down than up. While I personally enjoy reading about the rest of Wb beyond Uconn, as I have no time and physically cannot follow along, I question whether this Board should be involved in jurisdictional matters regarding Holly's fate at Tenn. A quick glance shows a number posts about UT than one would think necessary for a non.Tenn Board. It might be that 'misery loves misery' as the saying goes-- and there is much of that here.
My second unease with the Board, or what I see as creeping in, is the lack of creativity in (constructive) evaluations. It is as if one group of writers/followers have settled into a form of adolescent fits, and so it's all or nothing. We are very good or very bad. The coaches are out of touch, they cannot relate to today's players. If one poster says something positive about a player or the team playing, you can be sure that 2 others will find something to undermine the comment ('yes, she scored 28pts, but it's against a 5 and 12 team?) Even when the coach is being ironic (as he often is to me), it goes over the head of those commenting. I have often felt that Geno talked about things that it would have been wised to leave alone or let Daily handle it. I have some discomforts about not playing more players (that is just a number-game for me and not because I have a strategy that any other mor cannot see), and while Uconn is the only Program I used my time on, I am not an apostle. I watched most of the replays and I see a team with issues, I see players in shooting slum and passes could be better. But I see a lot of the bench players improving, and players that are trying their best. I see a better team today than the one I saw a few months ago. For those who would like to see games where we win by 40+ points-- hit the Replay button. There are many of those. Every now and then the exceptional comes along-- but it always go away, forcing us to adjust the mirror. This team is doing, about You? Isn't it time we adjust our mirror. Having done so, I can promise you that nothing more than delight awaits.

Reaction Score
"LaVols", "Warning", "Holly" and uncountable posts about all that is wrong about the Team/Geno's coaching. Are all signs that look down than up. While I personally enjoy reading about the rest of Wb beyond Uconn, as I have no time and physically cannot follow along, I question whether this Board should be involved in jurisdictional matters regarding Holly's fate at Tenn. A quick glance shows a number posts about UT than one would think necessary for a non.Tenn Board. It might be that 'misery loves misery' as the saying goes-- and there is much of that here.
My second unease with the Board, or what I see as creeping in, is the lack of creativity in (constructive) evaluations. It is as if one group of writers/followers have settled into a form of adolescent fits, and so it's all or nothing. We are very good or very bad. The coaches are out of touch, they cannot relate to today's players. If one poster says something positive about a player or the team playing, you can be sure that 2 others will find something to undermine the comment ('yes, she scored 28pts, but it's against a 5 and 12 team?) Even when the coach is being ironic (as he often is to me), it goes over the head of those commenting. I have often felt that Geno talked about things that it would have been wised to leave alone or let Daily handle it. I have some discomforts about not playing more players (that is just a number-game for me and not because I have a strategy that any other mor cannot see), and while Uconn is the only Program I used my time on, I am not an apostle. I watched most of the replays and I see a team with issues, I see players in shooting slum and passes could be better. But I see a lot of the bench players improving, and players that are trying their best. I see a better team today than the one I saw a few months ago. For those who would like to see games where we win by 40+ points-- hit the Replay button. There are many of those. Every now and then the exceptional comes along-- but it always go away, forcing us to adjust the mirror. This team is doing, about You? Isn't it time we adjust our mirror. Having done so, I can promise you that nothing more than delight awaits.
I agree and am enjoying watching the team's progress this year. It is enjoyable to watch perfection ( I like Geno am a fan of the 1971 Knicks), but watching college basketball is also about watching growth, and this team is a pleasure to see improve.

Reaction Score
This board has been bashing UT and Pat, Holly for yea many years--some are resentful that Geno was forced to Play UT again (if he was forced).
All you read about UT is not new, much you read is also read (red) on the Vol Nation.
Fans second guess coaches in all fields of endeavor. I have not read a word that says Geno isn't a good better great coach. We know he is human and as such doesn't always make perfect decisions. Then too it is this Year the team is STUCK with only 3 experienced players as starters--no continuity that is required to maintain a top team.
This has happened to Geno in the past--the one that comes to mind is when ND beat Geno several times in the BE --the Courant said "Muffet has Geno's number". Fans moaned, and offered silly suggestions, and posted NO NC this year---but when the end came Uconn was number one again, beating Muffet--and NO one wrote "GENO has Muffets Number!!

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Still and all, one has to wonder, how a coaching staff can turn HS players with so much talent and enthusiasm into placid losers. I am sure that one of the main talking points when they are recruiting is the opportunity to Make Tennessee Great Again. Then they get to practice and find that Holly has no effective plan as to how to play offense, among other things, and they go out and lose to Alabama, etc. Must be a tremendous let-down for the kids.

Reaction Score
The UT threads are clearly marked. Very easy not to read them if they bother you.
One can never be too smart, can they. I'll try, as the alternative seems a bit drastic. And of course I can think of an experience I had in Storrs my first year there. I complained about why it was that people drove without lights in the winters and, a very serious person told me that it saved expenses via battery life. Only if we all could think so concretely .... I never did, or followed-up on the math, but I'm sure on paper he won.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom