Slim Pickins' Tournament | The Boneyard

Slim Pickins' Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess many teams of merit were busy? I know it's the beginning of the year and most top teams play non challenging opponents to tally the wins. Does anyone know how the tournament teams were selected for this weekend?

Jake

Reaction Score
I guess many teams of merit were busy? I know it's the beginning of the year and most top teams play non challenging opponents to tally the wins. Does anyone know how the tournament teams were selected for this weekend?

Jake
They were the teams that were willing to spend their Thanksgiving weekends in CT. Not much more complicated than that. Playing UConn in a home and home is appealing. Playing UConn on a neutral court in some warm local tournament is appealing. Playing UConn in CT at the end f November? Not really appealing.

Reaction Score
I agree, so maybe there is no point for this tournament? That's my opinion. I can't see any benefit. Home and home better teams.

Reaction Score
Amen to that. This tournament makes very little sense, at least for UConn.

Reaction Score
John A.'s Blog answered how the tournament was set up. Sorry, not computer literate enough to provide a link but know someone can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom