Slightly OT: Now that our logo really is a Husky, what do we do with Jonathan? | The Boneyard

Slightly OT: Now that our logo really is a Husky, what do we do with Jonathan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Or is Jonathan, the real dog that some sorority takes care of, truly a white husky?

And then there's the mascot Jonathan. Is he changing?

Reaction Score
I've heard it on good BY authority that huskies aren't white. Any white dog resembling a husky is, in fact, a Samoyed and not to be trusted. :rolleyes:;):D:):oops::confused::eek::cool::p

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

AKC Breed Standard:

Color
All colors from black to pure white are allowed. A variety of markings on the head is common, including many striking patterns not found in other breeds.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/siberian_husky/breed_standard.cfm

Reaction Score
Sounds like Sio.

From AKC web site:

General Appearance The Siberian Husky is a medium-sized working dog, quick and light on his feet and free and graceful in action. His moderately compact and well furred body, erect ears and brush tail suggest his Northern heritage. His characteristic gait is smooth and seemingly effortless. He performs his original function in harness most capably, carrying a light load at a moderate speed over great distances. His body proportions and form reflect this basic balance of power, speed and endurance. The males of the Siberian Husky breed are masculine but never coarse; the bitches are feminine but without weakness of structure. In proper condition, with muscle firm and well developed, the Siberian Husky does not carry excess weight.

Reaction Score
2013-spring-mag-cover-large.jpg

This is the cover of the spring 2013 UConn Magazine. It's talking about the logo but makes you wonder if in 5 or so years when Jonathan XIII retires if they will use a husky that resembles the logo.

Reaction Score
So do we have to find a navy blue toupee for Johnathan the mascot? Darth Johnathan will be his new name.

Reaction Score

This is the cover of the spring 2013 UConn Magazine. It's talking about the logo but makes you wonder if in 5 or so years when Jonathan XIII retires if they will use a husky that resembles the logo.

Not to be morbid, but do they "retire" Jonathan or just wait until the current one dies to get a new one? I believe the Chuck & Augie's historical facts (in the menu) say Jonathan I fell victim to a auto accident on campus.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I've heard it on good BY authority that huskies aren't white. Any white dog resembling a husky is, in fact, a Samoyed and not to be trusted. :rolleyes:;):D:):oops::confused::eek::cool::p

Your authority is wrong.

Reaction Score

Probably not because hopefully by then they will have reverted to the UConn Husky instead of the Nike Husky.

Reaction Score
I like this picture, the blue eye and the you talkin to me look. If you're marketing the new ideas this is a winner.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Totally stealing that for an avatar!

Reaction Score
They will then stuff Jonathan and display him with the Big East trophies in the Sports Museum...

image.jpg

Or not ;)

Reaction Score
Or is Jonathan, the real dog that some sorority takes care of, truly a white husky?

And then there's the mascot Jonathan. Is he changing?

Jonathan has been cared for decades by the Alpha Phi Omega service fraternity that became coed in Spring 1977 at UConn

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

I love this post!!! And I also felt every one of the emoticon emotions.

I really fear that DSquiz is right; they are likely going to change both the real Jonathan dog and the Jonathan suit for the student mascot as well. A couple of comments alluded to that fact on the UConn blog when the logo was released. If true, it is a decision that will forever taint my view of the current administration, since it is a 70+ year tradition that they had little respect for...

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
To go along with our tougher/meaner image, I think Jonathan should go over to the visitors mascots/cheerleaders and beat a few of them up. But it has to Jonathan that beats up the visiting mascots...fans doing it just makes us look like a bunch of drunken wild animals. Ask the Iowa State Cyclone.

Reaction Score
Never been the "UConn All-White Huskies" we aren't now the "UConn White and Blue Huskies."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To go along with our tougher/meaner image, I think Jonathan should go over to the visitors mascots/cheerleaders and beat a few of them up. But it has to Jonathan that beats up the visiting mascots...fans doing it just makes us look like a bunch of drunken wild animals. Ask the Iowa State Cyclone.
Kind of over the top don't you think? It's probably fine if he shows them who is the alpha dog by marking his territory.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
the current Jonathan will be put on waivers with the intent of giving him his outright release. He is then headed out to the stud farm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom