Skylar on UConn and Candice Wiggins | The Boneyard

Skylar on UConn and Candice Wiggins

Reaction Score
She gained additional respect from me for that answer to the Wiggins question.

Reaction Score
Wow, I thought she would have an attitude, based on viewing her from the ND years. Was a pretty good interview. She did side step the Geno question, but she acknowledged why his teams are always on top, season after season. She doesn't need to know him on a personal level, so that's a fair answer.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Wow, I thought she would have an attitude, based on viewing her from the ND years. Was a pretty good interview. She did side step the Geno question, but she acknowledged why his teams are always on top, season after season. She doesn't need to know him on a personal level, so that's a fair answer.
I thought her answer to the Wiggins question was far more evasive. Polite but evasive. If anything she gives credence to Wiggins' comments by implying that they could spur positive change in the league.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Didn't think the Uconn and Geno answers were 'sidesteps' as much as pretty honest with limited exposure to the inside - I believe she was only in one WC cycle because of her rehab this past Olympic cycle.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Regarding her answer on playing UConn in the Big East:
"It was competitive, so competitive. We got to know them because we had to play them so much in conference. Other teams see them one time, but we got to play them a few times [a year]. We played them up to four times a year. We really didn’t have any element of surprise or intimidation. We knew what to expect and we knew what we were gonna get from the team."

Sometimes situations like this lead to the old phrase, "familiarity breeds contempt."
In this case, with a few years in the rear-view mirror, it seems that familiarity bred competition.....and respect.

As a WCBB fan (ND alum and UConn admirer), those multiple games during the seasons Skylar mentions were must-see B-ball. Dolson set picks that could've knocked down Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn, let alone Natalie Achonwa and Devereaux Peters ; Bria Hartely was like the silver surfer -- everywhere on the court; and, Moore....argh...both sublime and lethal. And on our end, Achonwa's eyes could pierce steel as she and Dolson would go at it; McBride -- Kmac -- was valiantly relentless and, of course, Sky orchestrated it on the Irish end. Heck...I drove to Hartford to see those games.

So, ND-UConn is in the Nutmeg State in 2017-18, right? ;)
Have a good weekend all.....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom