Skylar Diggins Smith | The Boneyard

Skylar Diggins Smith

Reaction Score
Did Skylar just say in an interview that Paige Beaukers is only getting all this press becausshe is white. I hope I misread that on ESPN

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Did Skylar just say in an interview that Paige Beaukers is only getting all this press becausshe is white. I hope I misread that on ESPN
Here we go. :confused:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why not provide a link so we can determine whether you misread whatever it is you read on ESPN.

Reaction Score
Nothing like the kettle calling the pot black (pun intended)! Skylar was the ESPN's darling for two seasons. Jelly much????

Reaction Score
Settle down folks. She was speaking of Chloe Briggs. Lots of people confuse the two. Lol (I am not serious)

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Skylar got into a post game twitter fight with Jaz Jones of the Liberty about silly stuff. Skyler (or maybe a third person?) posted a move of Skylar where she broke Jaz's ankles but Jaz said who cares, we won etc. Curse Curse. Not sure Paige or race got involved although I did hear ESPN commentators turning this into how WNBA is marketing its white players more than is fair etc. I heard Sabrina's name mentioned in that direction

Reaction Score
Skylar is the one I don't like next to to Liz Cambage.

Reaction Score
Skylar got into a post game twitter fight with Jaz Jones of the Liberty about silly stuff. Skyler (or maybe a third person?) posted a move of Skylar where she broke Jaz's ankles but Jaz said who cares, we won etc. Curse Curse. Not sure Paige or race got involved although I did hear ESPN commentators turning this into how WNBA is marketing its white players more than is fair etc. I heard Sabrina's name mentioned in that direction
Wish I knew how to have postEd what I read But us old timers are not very adept at that. I was not trying to stir up controvesy But I did read it.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score

WNBA Twitter sounds off on Skylar Diggins-Smith and Jazmine Jones drama

WNBA Twitter takes no days off.
Instead of games on Monday night, we got more drama than the series finale of "Keeping up with the Kardashians."
It all started when the New York Liberty's Jazmine Jones came upon a tweet hyping up one Skylar Diggins-Smith for putting Jones' teammate Didi Richards on skates over the weekend.
Sure, Jones -- whose game winner took down Diggins-Smith's Phoenix Mercury on Sunday -- could have taken the high road and kept scrolling, but instead she woke up and chose violence ... er, turned to Twitter fingers to express her displeasure.
Naturally, Diggins-Smith wasn't here for Jones' criticism.

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
If you go into ESPN and click on WNBA you can read what I read
and yes it started with her opinion about all the press Sabrina got and then brought up Pages name. ( Hey teach is tha the correct spelling ?

Reaction Score
If you go into ESPN and click on WNBA you can read what I read
and yes it started with her opinion about all the press Sabrina got and then brought up Pages name. ( Hey teach is tha the correct spelling ?
Let it die Phillip. Moderator? Now is a good time!

Reaction Score
Shame for this woman.
More detail:

Not only did Diggins-Smith tell Jones to sit down, but she seized the opportunity to sound off on the Liberty's marketing strategy as a whole.

For those who aren't fluent in the happenings of WNBA Twitter, Diggins-Smith was making the claim that New York plugs 2020 No. 1 overall pick Sabrina Ionescu more so than any of its other players.

This isn't the first time the Phoenix star has called out discrepancies in how players are publicized throughout the league. She also shared her thoughts on the matter back in January when skills coach Alex Bazzell commented that UConn freshman phenom Paige Bueckers would already be a top-five point guard in the league, with Diggins-Smith drawing attention to how basketball media is more quick to exalt white players than Black ones.

But Diggins-Smith wasn't done there. She doubled down on her stance with a pointed tweet about "crabs in a barrel":

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom