Sky vs the Fever, Game 3, 2nd Half | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sky vs the Fever, Game 3, 2nd Half

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Just as well. Dunn's team going to the finals AGAIN would have been bad for the game ;)

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Final Score: Chicago 75 - Indiana 62

Quigley is high scorer for the game by a long shot, 24 Pts, 1 Reb, 2 Ast shooting 4 - 6 on 3s
Fowles 17 Pts, 7 Reb, 2 Blocks
Prince ended the game with 11 points, 4 rebounds, a steal and a block

Elena played only 21 minutes and contributed 4 points. They did a great job managing her minutes, using her as a "decoy" for much of the first half. Hopefully she can recover from her back injury quickly

For Indiana, Zellous had 16 points and Larkins had 11 rebounds, and Catch 9 Pts, 7 Reb, and 3 assists.

I would say Quigley is player of the game, will have to wait and see .

They are lauding Fowles now, and looking forward to her match up with Griner in the finals.

Should be good

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I remember in preseason there was discussion here that maybe Quigley was on the team for the DePaul connection. She has come so far.
That was me who made that suggestion. The crow is tasty.

Kelly Faris should take heart -- after Quigley was in the league for two years, nobody thought she would still be playing after 5 years, much less be 6th Woman of the Year or the leading scorer in the Conference Title game. There is a lot of similarity between Allie's game and Kelly's (even a slight physical resemblance). Allie was a good shooter who had to become stronger; Kelly is the opposite -- a strong player for her size who needs more accuracy on her shot (but no more than what she showed as a senior at UConn).

I'm not sure whether she, EDD, or Courtney Vandersloot is my favorite player on the Sky. But unless EDD can play 30 minutes a game against Phoenix (which doesn't look too likely), it will be a short series. If EDD can play a full starter's load of minutes, then it could be a 5-game series.

I am worried that EDD may not be able to take this chance to finally play for Geno because of her health issues (back + Lyme disease).

Reaction Score
I remember in preseason there was discussion here that maybe Quigley was on the team for the DePaul connection. She has come so far.

She's a local girl for the Sky, right? I thought I heard that on another telecast.

I told you I liked her.

BTW: I was wondering why you weren't posting...

or maybe I wasn't seeing your posts.

Reaction Score
That was me who made that suggestion. The crow is tasty.

Kelly Faris should take heart -- after Quigley was in the league for two years, nobody thought she would still be playing after 5 years, much less be 6th Woman of the Year or the leading scorer in the Conference Title game. There is a lot of similarity between Allie's game and Kelly's (even a slight physical resemblance). Allie was a good shooter who had to become stronger; Kelly is the opposite -- a strong player for her size who needs more accuracy on her shot (but no more than what she showed as a senior at UConn).

I'm not sure whether she, EDD, or Courtney Vandersloot is my favorite player on the Sky. But unless EDD can play 30 minutes a game against Phoenix (which doesn't look too likely), it will be a short series. If EDD can play a full starter's load of minutes, then it could be a 5-game series.

I am worried that EDD may not be able to take this chance to finally play for Geno because of her health issues (back + Lyme disease).

I had lower back problems when I played (back spasms) but they went away and it was a one-time thing. Hopefully she'll experience the same thing.

Faris needs to drive more and quit settling for the three pointer so much. They're low percentage shots and if she drives all the time she'll get to the free throw line.

Reaction Score
The WNBA Finals could be interesting due to the Griner/Fowles matchup. If Brittney gets into foul trouble then maybe the Sky can gut out a long series.

DT needs to keep herself under control.

Quigley is capable of keeping the Sky in games with her shooting.

Young needs to quit missing those easy baskets.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
She's a local girl for the Sky, right? I thought I heard that on another telecast.

I told you I liked her.

BTW: I was wondering why you weren't posting...

or maybe I wasn't seeing your posts.

She's from Joliet, IL, about 40 miles from the Allstate Arena.

I had been on vacation last week. During games, I find it too stressful to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom