Sky Deal Boyette and Young | The Boneyard

Sky Deal Boyette and Young

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I don't quite understand this trade. I guess they figure Boyette is gonna be the backup center.. Cause I can't see them playing EW and her at the same time.

Reaction Score
Tamara Young was not having a good year and she plays the small forward spot , which Breland plays. Having them both in the line up together the sky were at a disadvatage when one of them had to guard the opponents power forward. The Sky really do not have power forward (4). They are loaded at the 5 spot. Imani is a work in progress, she does not have great foot work and not a great BB IQ. It would have been nice to see Stef mentor Imani, but like I said they are loaded at the 5. The Sky got a first rd draft choice in a draft loaded with players who fit there need. Probably might also get a lottery pick.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Is this the Sky tanking to get a higher draft pick plus Atlanta's?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Tamara Young was not having a good year and she plays the small forward spot , which Breland plays. Having them both in the line up together the sky were at a disadvatage when one of them had to guard the opponents power forward. The Sky really do not have power forward (4). They are loaded at the 5 spot. Imani is a work in progress, she does not have great foot work and not a great BB IQ. It would have been nice to see Stef mentor Imani, but like I said they are loaded at the 5. The Sky got a first rd draft choice in a draft loaded with players who fit there need. Probably might also get a lottery pick.

To me, Breland is a power forward all the way, albeit slightly undersized compared to some of the stronger WNBA 4s.

The problem with TY as the starting 3 is that she can't hit a jumper to save her life. It's kind of odd to line up with your 3 as your worst shooter. Breland and Dolson have much better midrange jumpers than Young. It's kinda sad to see her go because she was a fan favorite by virtue of being on the team since '09 and always playing hard but she's just ok and she's 30...if she loses a step it's over.

I assume the logic on dealing Boyette is that next year they will have Coates to back up Dolson at center. Though that raises the question of why you took Coates in the first place instead of Allisha Gray or whoever. Stocks must really not have thought much of Boyette.

Hooper I assume is just a throw-in to make the roster numbers work out but at least she's a 3-pt. threat off the bench.

Reaction Score
To me, Breland is a power forward all the way, albeit slightly undersized compared to some of the stronger WNBA 4s.

The problem with TY as the starting 3 is that she can't hit a jumper to save her life. It's kind of odd to line up with your 3 as your worst shooter. Breland and Dolson have much better midrange jumpers than Young. It's kinda sad to see her go because she was a fan favorite by virtue of being on the team since '09 and always playing hard but she's just ok and she's 30...if she loses a step it's over.

I assume the logic on dealing Boyette is that next year they will have Coates to back up Dolson at center. Though that raises the question of why you took Coates in the first place instead of Allisha Gray or whoever. Stocks must really not have thought much of Boyette.

Hooper I assume is just a throw-in to make the roster numbers work out but at least she's a 3-pt. threat off the bench.
Boyette was a work in progress, did the Sky have time to develop her probably not. Sky will probably have two first round drafts picks next year, This draft is loaded with talent and fits the need of players the Sky need. Coates might be with the sky next year. if they get Aj'a Wilson Coates is traded.

Reaction Score
Boyette was a work in progress, did the Sky have time to develop her probably not. Sky will probably have two first round drafts picks next year, This draft is loaded with talent and fits the need of players the Sky need. Coates might be with the sky next year. if they get Aj'a Wilson Coates is traded.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Sky also signed Graves to a seven day contact.

Reaction Score
The winner of this trade may not be determined for 2-3 years, to see how that 1st round draft pick turns out for Chicago!

Reaction Score
Boyette just needs someone to show her how to best utilize her height. It was obvious watching her in college that she was under achieving.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom