Skills players for next year | The Boneyard

Skills players for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Boyle, Davis, Phillips, Foxx, DeLorenzo add in Newsome...

Just need some linemen and improved TE play!!

Reaction Score
Don't count out the current frosh WR trio of Lemelle, Bradley and Thomas.

Reaction Score
I actually think we have pretty good playmakers. Davis and Phillips are at least as good as Marcus Easly whose probably our best WR to this point. McCombs would be best utilized as a third down back/slot type player. I like Delorenzo, I like McQuillan. What we really need is adequate offensive line play. Average offensive line play, not even exceptional. I think Boyle is getting invaluable reps right now. I think he will be so much better next for going through this right now. What I like best from him so far is his fire. No shoulder slumping from him. Have I mentioned I love his arm and his good feet. Joking aside, were very fortunate to have this kid here. So high on him.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree with the above Noey but two things that we will be missing, which helps OL play tremendously are a blocking TE and FB. McQuillan doesn't appear to be that type of TE, Walsh is nowhere near the size (and should not be expected to match the physicality) of the Sherminator and despite the talk of Clax (when TJ first took over), we haven't really seen him at FB.

We may be able to do some nice things next year against finesse defenses but unless our line steps up big time, a physical front seen will give us fits.

Reaction Score
We need an offensive line, not the very offensive line we have now. I love the skill coming back plus additions but we need blocking to make this thing work. Foley must be pulling his hair out after today if he had any left.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Marriner, Fuchs and Tommy Myers emerge as contributors next year too. We are solid at all of the skill positions next year except for tight end, it really will come down to the O-line and of course finding an offensive minded head coach and a defensive coordinator who can motivate the troops.

Most importantly Boyle has the talent to be special.

Reaction Score
We need an offensive line, not the very offensive line we have now. I love the skill coming back plus additions but we need blocking to make this thing work. Foley must be pulling his hair out after today if he had any left.

We can all argue till we are blue in the face as to the reason why but...

NHRJimFuller
5:01pm via TweetDeck
Another scary #UConn football stat to chew on: Last year the Huskies have up 33 sacks in 12 games, they have allowed 31 in 6 games

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am as big of a Foley fan as there is but to be completely fair, even his best lines here (when he was coaching them spring, summer & fall) left a bit to be desired as pass blockers.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Marriner, Fuchs and Tommy Myers emerge as contributors next year too. We are solid at all of the skill positions next year except for tight end, it really will come down to the O-line and of course finding an offensive minded head coach and a defensive coordinator who can motivate the troops.

Most importantly Boyle has the talent to be special.

I've been wondering if T. Myers could contribute as a blocking TE this year. Big big strong kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom