Six more Florida Transfers.... | The Boneyard

Six more Florida Transfers....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
These guys have likely been run off or see the writing on the wall. Wouldn't touch anyone from that program right now.

Reaction Score
These guys have likely been run off or see the writing on the wall. Wouldn't touch anyone from that program right now.
Don't agree Sub regarding the RS Junior OL who is graduating...immediately eligible. We need depth on the OL. Would look at anyone and everyone, especially OL and DL...Would you look at him or an untested JUCO..(answer: BOTH!!!!!)

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don't agree Sub regarding the RS Junior OL who is graduating...immediately eligible. We need depth on the OL. Would look at anyone and everyone, especially OL and DL...Would you look at him or an untested JUCO..(answer: BOTH!!!!!)

Gotta agree with Subba on this one.

Florida's offensive line was as bad as ours this year in terms of execution. Matter of fact, Florida fans sounded identical to UConn fans in terms of frustration. Literally sounded like DeLeone was coaching two teams simultaneously.

Any prospective linemen transfer needs to be plug and play for the system Diaco wants on offense.

Reaction Score
Gotta agree with Subba on this one.

Florida's offensive line was as bad as ours this year in terms of execution. Matter of fact, Florida fans sounded identical to UConn fans in terms of frustration. Literally sounded like DeLeone was coaching two teams simultaneously.

Any prospective linemen transfer needs to be plug and play for the system Diaco wants on offense.
You answered your own thought.....comes down to systems and players. Don't know the fit until we evaluate but we can't turn away a look at prospects
because the system they were in sucked.....didn't know we were SEC 4 deep at each position on the OL.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You answered your own thought.....comes down to systems and players. Don't know the fit until we evaluate but we can't turn away a look at prospects
because the system they were in sucked.....didn't know we were SEC 4 deep at each position on the OL.

Yes. System and players and UF linemen aren't worth it for one year.

Reaction Score
Yes. System and players and UF linemen aren't worth it for one year.
If it costs little for a look at a grad student. OL with SEC experience that can plug n play (especially in pass blocking), you are short circuiting depth.
My thoughts go back to needing a RT in the Michigan or was it Towson game and we had a gazillion sacks with a backup no experience RT. Depth.....

Reaction Score
including a Red Shirt Junior OL, who is graduating and immediately eligible who started 7 games in 2013.....

http://www.gatorzone.com/carter/blog/1579

He only started because of injuries... http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2013/1...-rhaheim-ledbetter-trevon-young-ian-silberman - likelihood of getting a Florida born and raised kid to come to Storrs for to play football for one year is slim (excepting of course that UConn is the only school that had a grad program for his major).

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Isn't the QB from CT? Without recalling his play, seems like he put up decent numbers in the SEC. Believe he has a year left. I love competition. We need depth at most positions

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score

Now that's just silly. Florida still has some excellent talent. A guy that started at Florida on the OL (even as bad as they were), would compete to start on UConn's OL right away. Other positions? Maybe not, but we are thin and not all that talented on the OL right now. You always take linemen (on both sides) if you can get them. Always need depth there.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
If you are referring to Silberman - he would have two years to play one (5 to play 4?]. He played as a freshman, soph and junior @ UF

Is he the RS Junior? If so, wouldn't a RS Jr have 2 years to play 2? Either way, OL is an area of weakness, so I would not turn a blind eye to anyone there.

Reaction Score
Is he the RS Junior? If so, wouldn't a RS Jr have 2 years to play 2? Either way, OL is an area of weakness, so I would not turn a blind eye to anyone there.

Typo - Not a RS Jr. He played as a freshman, a sophomore and a junior. He has one year of eligibility left.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Typo - Not a RS Jr. He played as a freshman, a sophomore and a junior. He has one year of eligibility left.

I see, that does change things a little, but I'd still be willing to take a look. This is all conjecture anyway, as I doubt the kid even has interest in coming up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom