Situation is being monitored ... Michigan AD | The Boneyard

Situation is being monitored ... Michigan AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well that news sucks, just when we were turning the corner. Raid the Eagles nest and leave us alone. Or would that give us a friend on the inside and make our trip out of here an easier road to the BIG.

Reaction Score
Per the article, doesn't look good for us regarding Warde. This is just one of those situations you might have absolutely no control
over an outcome.

Reaction Score
I'd prefer he stay but I don't think it is that big of an issue. Hiring an AD with undeniable connections should be a major requirement as should his personal connections with his coaches. Our coaches like Warde and that is critical in keeping them and finding quality new ones when necessary.

Continued strength in basketball and Diaco's success are far more critical right now. We need to stay in front of the public by winning. I think we can find an AD that can help get us where we need to go.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
If this were to happen, I can't fault him for going to his alma mater. But if you think we are toxic from a CR perspective now, just wait until the "UConn AD Leaves for Greener Pastures" headlines. That will directly be interpreted as a vote of "no confidence" in UConn's prospects.

I hope he stays. His work here is unfinished...

Reaction Score
CTMike said:
If this were to happen, I can't fault him for going to his alma mater. But if you think we are toxic from a CR perspective now, just wait until the "UConn AD Leaves for Greener Pastures" headlines. That will directly be interpreted as a vote of "no confidence" in UConn's prospects. I hope he stays. His work here is unfinished...

When the big leagues call you go.

Reaction Score
If this were to happen, I can't fault him for going to his alma mater. But if you think we are toxic from a CR perspective now, just wait until the "UConn AD Leaves for Greener Pastures" headlines. That will directly be interpreted as a vote of "no confidence" in UConn's prospects.

I hope he stays. His work here is unfinished...
Why would it be interpreted as such, He would be leaving for his Alma mater. Who replaces him shows the direction we are headed in.

Reaction Score
Wow Michigan fans are ridiculous, they are going to take one of the Harbaugh brothers away from the NFL to coach at Michigan? Greg Schiano is far more likely to be their coach next season unless something drastically changes within the Ravens or 49ers organization.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
This in my opinion would be a loss for UConn Athletics at this time. Its a no brainer for Warde to take that job if offered. Yes, there are a thousand candidates to replace him, the problem is are the up an comers in AD offices interested in coming to UConn with the CR issue looming overhead and do they have what it takes to continue to push the UConn agenda - yet to be seen. It just throws another hurdle in the way.

Jim Harbaugh to Michigan is NOT a pipe dream. He has lost the discipline of the SF 49ers and does not get along with the GM - well known. He might have had enough of this NFL thing.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Why would it be interpreted as such, He would be leaving for his Alma mater. Who replaces him shows the direction we are headed in.[/

Because it's the only way some of the doofuses on this board can continue to reinforce the perception that the sky is falling.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Michigan will fix things when they stop worrying about Michigan Men.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Why would it be interpreted as such, He would be leaving for his Alma mater. Who replaces him shows the direction we are headed in.
Because it's the only way some of the doofuses on this board can reinforce the perception that the sky is falling.

Reaction Score
There may have been some who have expressed dislike over Warde, especially after the last realignment failure.

I'm not one of them. Don't forget, football rules on the national scene, and talking about cards being stacked against you, there aren't any "aces" in UCFB deck of cards. The best hand he has right now is maybe a pair of deuces........not good.

That being said, when President Herbst hired Manual, UConn was in a BCS conference, and did not yet string together three (soon to be four) losing seasons. Over the whole athletic spectrum, UConn was still a pretty good gig. And while the conference is in shambles, he is getting the best OOC opponents on the football schedule he can with all the current disadvantages biting him in the a_ _.

That isn't the case now. This isn't a P5 conference. UConn football stinks. I'm not too sure the next AD will be as high profile with a well rounded resume as Warde. We'll probably end up with a "rising star" from a G5 conference.

If Warde was "that bad", he wouldn't have resurfaced on Michigan's radar.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The article in the OP is the best news for UConn athletics that I have seen in weeks. I will drive Warde to the airport if he needs a ride.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The article in the OP is the best news for UConn athletics that I have seen in weeks. I will drive Warde to the airport if he needs a ride.

Will you drive Ollie to the airport too? Don't forget, he has something in his contract that if Warde left, he can void his UCONN contract.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I agree that you can't fault him if he left for his alma mater. Michigan is Michigan. I just know that, perception wise, it will be said that he saw UConn as a dead end. That's just my opinion on how it will be perceived, correctly or not.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Will you drive Ollie to the airport too? Don't forget, he has something in his contract that if Warde left, he can void his UCONN contract.

It just changes the buyout. It doesn't make it void.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree that you can't fault him if he left for his alma mater. Michigan is Michigan. I just know that, perception wise, it will be said that he saw UConn as a dead end. That's just my opinion on how it will be perceived, correctly or not.

Honestly, I doubt he ends up with the job - but there is no way anyone would paint it as a negative about UConn. Nobody could paint Buffalo in a negative light because he took the UConn job.

Dooley

Reaction Score
Just read the article, what stands out to me is that the writer chose to highlight Manuel's achievements at Buffalo, not UCONN. Goes to show what the rest of the college realignment landscape thinks of basketball and APR scores: not much. One winning season at Buffalo got a full paragraph. "He's now the AD at UCONN" is all UCONN got despite dual national championships and perfect APR scores. Football is the only sport that CR cares about.

Personally, I don't see how either Harbaugh would leave coaching in the NFL if Manuel or Bates were hired. Their being in the NFL and not Michigan has nothing to do with whoever is the Michigan AD. It has to do with the prestige of coaching in the NFL. John has won a Super Bowl. Jim has been to a Super Bowl. The Super Bowl is the absolute pinnacle of football. Why would either leave jobs that they have built up security in to go coach at Michigan? Michigan is a rebuild that will likely take years. And when Michigan is rebuilt, what's the pinnacle? The Rose Bowl? Sure, the Grandaddy is nice but it's no Super Bowl.

Michigan went the Michigan route with Brady Hoke. Continuously limiting yourself to Michigan people is not doing the proper work needed to find the right AD there.

Reaction Score
"While winning on the field, Manuel also increased revenue at Buffalo from $11 million to $25 million in 3 years."

LOL, they make $5m a year and get $19.5m in subsidy. Hilarious.

Dooley

Reaction Score
It just changes the buyout. It doesn't make it void.

Don't the terms of the buyout go ridiculously low though if either Warde or Susan left? I'm too lazy to look it up. Bottomline: it's much more likely, in terms of financially, that Ollie could leave if Warde or Susan left.

Reaction Score
I personally hope Warde stays but I'm not gonna lose any sleep either way.

Jim Harbaugh to Michigan I would put at greater than 50% at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom