Sister Ashley on Caroline Ducharme: Carl Adamec's piece | The Boneyard

Sister Ashley on Caroline Ducharme: Carl Adamec's piece

Reaction Score
More on Caroline from sister Ashley.....more to like:

“My roommates and I were jumping up and down, going crazy,” Ducharme’s sister Ashley, a Brown University senior, said.

“Caroline? She’s always been like that. But she really is a fun person. She’s always been extremely motivated and determined. When she puts her mind to something, it happens. When she’s playing she is so focused. She makes a game-winning shot at DePaul and there’s no expression. She stays in her zone whether she’s playing well or not playing well and she thinks about, ‘What can I do to help my team?’ ”

"

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The entire team could benefit from Caroline's approach. I've been her #1 fan here since before the season started and I'd want her on my team for sure. It's not all about physical ability. Determination and focus are huge factors.
Okay then, TeamFirst, I'll grant you that #1 fandom on your (narrow margin of) Boneyard seniority. I'll be pleased being 1A.

Like Caroline's parents, my brother also played basketball at Williams College, and we are big fans of her approach to the game and her skills. Having gone to numerous Ephs basketball games over the years, we muse at how dominant Caroline would be in a Williams uniform... so glad she's with the Huskies.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Excuse me! The Caroline line forms right here behind me. ;):rolleyes:
The entire team could benefit from Caroline's approach. I've been her #1 fan here since before the season started and I'd want her on my team for sure. It's not all about physical ability. Determination and focus are huge factors.
Okay then, TeamFirst, I'll grant you that #1 fandom on your (narrow margin of) Boneyard seniority. I'll be pleased being 1A.

Like Caroline's parents, my brother also played basketball at Williams College, and we are big fans of her approach to the game and her skills. Having gone to numerous Ephs basketball games over the years, we muse at how dominant Caroline would be in a Williams uniform... so glad she's with the Huskies.

Reaction Score
Why not Ashley as the guard we get from the portal?

Reaction Score
I thought you were Williams #1 fan? Everyone knows IM CDawgs #1 fan! Oh and Nike too. I like Nika.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Terrific article. Thanks for the share. Been following her career since HS and I was really, really hoping she'd end up here. I thought for sure when Poff commited that we wouldn't get Ducharme since her and Saylor have very similar skill sets. So glad Caroline ended up here anyway.

Reaction Score

Just realized I said above that Caroline's Dad played b-ball at Williams... I intended to say both her parents played sports there; her Mom definitely played basketball, and was a 1,000-point scorer. Sorry for possibly misleading anyone.

Reaction Score
I love so many things about Caroline Ducharme -- her hustle, tenacity, fearlessness, defense, scoring ability -- but I'd love her even more if she learned the difference between a good shot and a bad shot. She takes way too many rushed shots, especially 3's. Her shooting percentage would go way up if she learns the difference!

Reaction Score
I love so many things about Caroline Ducharme -- her hustle, tenacity, fearlessness, defense, scoring ability -- but I'd love her even more if she learned the difference between a good shot and a bad shot. She takes way too many rushed shots, especially 3's. Her shooting percentage would go way up if she learns the difference!
Thank you for the negativity! Although accurate (at least back when she was actually leading the team to victories instead of sitting on the bench), this wasn't the time or place for your barbs.

Reaction Score
When you get the ball with 3 seconds left on the shot clock they’re all rush. At least half were that type. And she has not done it much since the full rotation started. So I expect she’s learning and she’s not getting the ball late anymore.

Reaction Score
She looks rushed even when she is wide open. She was smart enough to learn a very quick release. Really good for tournament time.

Reaction Score
Every time I read the title of the thread I think to myself
A nun writing about woman's BB ?
Having gone to a Catholic school K through 8, you don't know nasty unless you've been there. Today the problem is most nuns are camouflaged in civilians clothes. You can't tell who is a nun until you spot the ruler. Then it's too late. :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom