SI's AAC Preview | The Boneyard

SI's AAC Preview

Reaction Score
Might as well complete my posting of all the AAC previews.

UConn picked to finish 7th in the conference.

Bouknight gets 6th man of the year. Interesting.

7. UConn

Gone are the days of the Huskies contending for national titles—for now. UConn suffered its third consecutive losing season in Dan Hurley’s first campaign, but his recruiting efforts should pay dividends soon. The Huskies earned the No. 18 recruiting class nationally in 2019—a huge turnaround from No. 117 the previous year. With four of the team’s five leading scorers returning (Christian Vital, Alterique Gilbert, Josh Carlton and Tyler Polley), UConn’s last run in the AAC should be a step in the right direction before the Huskies make their way back to the Big East next year.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I think if we can avoid serious injury issues we have a ligit shot at 4th or even 3rd.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
7th seems fair to me. but im guessing like the 4th to 7th place teams are all gonna be within a few games of each other.

this conference actually has a chance to be decent.

uc, houston, memphis seem like tournament teams

usf, temple, wichita, uconn all have a chance to make it as well. would guess maybe 2 out of these 4 will.

that could be a 5 bid league with 2-3 more in the nit.

not bad.

Reaction Score
I know Sampson is a top 2 coach in the league, but I don't see Houston making the tournament after losing 4 starters and literally every player who played >50% minutes for them.

Maybe if Grimes gets eligible. Maybe. Not sure how good he actually is.

They'll defend, but Jarreau isn't efficient enough to carry them (he's not opposed to turnovers) and I doubt Hinton will be enough as a soph to get them over the hump.

Reaction Score
7th seems fair to me. but im guessing like the 4th to 7th place teams are all gonna be within a few games of each other.

this conference actually has a chance to be decent.

uc, houston, memphis seem like tournament teams

usf, temple, wichita, uconn all have a chance to make it as well. would guess maybe 2 out of these 4 will.

that could be a 5 bid league with 2-3 more in the nit.

not bad.
:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Jesus 7th? That bad? How is that possible? . We finished 9th last year with literally no presence down low and our two best players out for half the year and not much off the bench with most of our guys looking skinnier than icabod crane. If we don’t finish at least 5th or higher I’ll be very surprised

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom