Sirius-XM ESPNU perspective | The Boneyard

Sirius-XM ESPNU perspective

Reaction Score
In the 11 o'clock hour:
Mike Farrell: couldn't be happier. Has hated FHCRE since 1.0 because Randy said mean things about him when Farrell was just starting his "career".
Chris Childers: Gave Randy a "Stock is up" because he's freed from the purgatory that is UConn Football. Feels the University should either deep six the program or move it back to 1-AA to play with Villanova & Georgetown.
Rick Neuheisel: Feels that UConn football can't sustain as an independent & wonders how Dan O. and other standout alumni from the 1.0 regime feel about the current situation.

Reaction Score
No matter how much it’s pooh pooped here by both those who are basketball first and wanted the Big East and those who just hated the AAC, wondering if we are sustainable as an Indy is quite rational. May be right or may be wrong, but no matter how many times people want to dismiss the opinions of outside experts, it’s a real fear.

Reaction Score
Since UConn football is losing, the current narrative is they probably can't be an independent in football. If UConn was 2-0 right now, Childers and Neuheisel would be singing a different tune. It is an entirely different question if you are asking can UConn compete for a national championship or consistent top 25 rankings. Just like most FBS programs, the answer is no. I don't think that is the goal. I think the goal is to be competitive in football, have a few upsets, and on occasion hit the top 25.

As for the Holy Cross game, UConn's QB had 4 turnovers and the net turnover margin was -3 which meant there was a 10% to 20%, at best, chance of winning.

UConn has made some bad coaching hires in PP and Diaco, and Edsall was turned to as a cheap alternative when Diaco was fired, but it didn't work, although I would argue the roster has improved. That's why this upcoming coaching search is so important.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom