Sio's Getting Some Love | The Boneyard

Sio's Getting Some Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
June 9, 2014 ---Chris Burke and Doug Farrar

Which 2nd-year Player In The AFC West Is Poised To Break Out In 2014?

SIO MOORE LB, Oakland.

Working in relative anonymity on a disappointing Raiders squad, Moore turned in a solid rookie campaign — 50 tackles and 4.5 sacks in 11 starts. His role could increase in 2014 if he overtakes veteran Kevin Burnett for the starting weakside gig. There will be more support for him elsewhere on defense, too, especially with Khalil Mack arriving to play on the strongside, which is where Moore saw most of his action during the ’13 campaign.

He actually may be a better fit on the weakside anyway, though the lack of available options forced Moore to shift over last season. With Mack occupying attention on the other side of the field, Moore would find ample room there to chase the football. That’s really what he does best, as an aggressive but mobile linebacker.

Reaction Score
I Think I Took For Granted How Good And Athletic And Disruptive This Guy Was While He Was Here. An Absolute Beast. We Had So Many NFL Quality Linebackers Come Through This Program, I Took It For Granted..... That It May Not Always Be Fincher, Lansanah, Lutrus,Wilson,Moore, Like Quality Out There.

Reaction Score
I think SIO is quality and have no idea why the Raiders picked the same type of player in Khalil Mack. So many other draft options would have worked better for this developing team.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why the Raiders picked the same type of player in Khalil Mack. So many other draft options would have worked better for this developing team.

There's a reason some teams continue to struggle. Front office blunders.

Reaction Score
I think SIO is quality and have no idea why the Raiders picked the same type of player in Khalil Mack. So many other draft options would have worked better for this developing team.
Could it be they want to repeat the linebacking corp of Ted Hendricks, as well as Matt Millen and Rod Martin from the eighties! One linebacker does not make a team and Khalil Mack is a total freak! Some say he is an even better pick than Clowney from SC! Having Mack and Sio Moore in the same linebacking Corps could be quite intimidating. Here is a list of the top ten linebacking corps in the NFL of all time,

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d808a901f

Reaction Score
The Raiders haven't been able to recover from JaMarcus Russell.
Actually they are recovering and collecting a nice group of players since Davis is no longer in control. Sio is a beast and my prediction is you are going to see him in the news much more than Mack as he switches to the weak side and has a break out year. Just a hunch!

Reaction Score
Actually they are recovering and collecting a nice group of players since Davis is no longer in control. Sio is a beast and my prediction is you are going to see him in the news much more than Mack as he switches to the weak side and has a break out year. Just a hunch!

Sio Moore just understands the game. I think he's going to have a going to have a huge year this year regardless of which LB position they put him in. I'm hoping Tyvon Branch returns to form too because he's was always one my favorite plays, especially back when he was here at UConn.

Reaction Score
Moore is a natural on the weakside.... He's gonna be a fixture in da Raidas defense over there for years to come. Calling it now.

Reaction Score
Moore is a natural on the weakside.... He's gonna be a fixture in da Raidas defense over there for years to come. Calling it now.

Loved to see him become one of those household name LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom