Sing We Joyous, All Together... | The Boneyard

Sing We Joyous, All Together...

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
lol darn you medic! Thought this was announcing Crocker's release. I don't think he'll get fired if he hasn't yet

Reaction Score
Aside from certain fans feeling better about themselves, I am curious what would be gained by moving on from yet another coordinator.
He's been a disaster OR Randy's been a disaster. We know Randy isn't going anywhere and generally speaking you don't get to set records for futility and get to keep your job. I don't think he's going anywhere so we will see if keeping him brings any added benefit.

I totally get players not being good enough, I don't get players jogging to the ball and being yanked or replaced. It was beyond personnel, it was totally broken. Oh well.

Reaction Score
Don't understand why OC gets pass, were 113th in scoring offense for a team that was always behind and looking to score. Take out the FBS game and would be in the teens per game (getting to #130 Rutgers scoring level). No youth, strength, speed excuse for offense! Both DC and OC did poorly, buck stops at the top, HCRE2.0 should go!

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Don't understand why OC gets pass, were 113th in scoring offense for a team that was always behind and looking to score. Take out the FBS game and would be in the teens per game (getting to #130 Rutgers scoring level). No youth, strength, speed excuse for offense! Both DC and OC did poorly, buck stops at the top, HCRE2.0 should go!

From your pocketbook to God’s ears!

Reaction Score
Do u really believe that if we bring in a new HC or a new DC everything will magically improve? I don’t. More, I am tired of the coaching turnstile over the past decade. At some point you have to stick to a plan. Any plan. One of us is wrong.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Randy and crew are getting another full year. Randy maybe tone deaf at times, however I think he has far too much pride to let 2018 be his exit. He and the entire staff will be making a much bigger and smarter effort this year and it starts this month with working much harder to find players.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He's been a disaster OR Randy's been a disaster. We know Randy isn't going anywhere and generally speaking you don't get to set records for futility and get to keep your job. I don't think he's going anywhere so we will see if keeping him brings any added benefit.

I totally get players not being good enough, I don't get players jogging to the ball and being yanked or replaced. It was beyond personnel, it was totally broken. Oh well.
You don’t think not being good enough/ready has an impact on effort? I believe when you’re a young player and you head into a gun fight with a pocket knife- then you look around and your entire army basically has pocket knives, that can take its toll. As much as these players and fans like to think that competitiveness and love of game conquers all, it’s all tied to confidence. When you have a pocket knife and your adversary has an AR15 I’m not so sure you’ll be charging at him aggressively. Let’s see next year when we’re armed with a little more explosive weaponry. Effort will increase.
Just sayin

Reaction Score
You don’t think not being good enough/ready has an impact on effort? I believe when you’re a young player and you head into a gun fight with a pocket knife- then you look around and your entire army basically has pocket knives, that can take its toll. As much as these players and fans like to think that competitiveness and love of game conquers all, it’s all tied to confidence. When you have a pocket knife and your adversary has an AR15 I’m not so sure you’ll be charging at him aggressively. Let’s see next year when we’re armed with a little more explosive weaponry. Effort will increase.
Just sayin
What I posted was what you heard Edsall say at the press conference at end of season. I'm shocked he said it, as those things generally get said in house. I however wondered why generally trotted out the same guys if he could clearly see the effort was not optimal.

Reaction Score
What I posted was what you heard Edsall say at the press conference at end of season. I'm shocked he said it, as those things generally get said in house. I however wondered why generally trotted out the same guys if he could clearly see the effort was not optimal.
I hear you on not saying certain things in public. It could have a negative impact for sure. He also said something to the effect that if he played different players it would have been worse. Perhaps he saw things in practice that led him to that conclusion.
Either way I do believe we will see a different team next season. I know I’m jumping the gun here but a litmus test would be to blow out Wagner in the opener then play Illinois tough the next game. Will that be a determining factor on the rest of the season? No. But at least it will give us an indication of the mindset of this team. That’s the first thing that has to change in order for more competitive games to occur.

Reaction Score
Do u really believe that if we bring in a new HC or a new DC everything will magically improve? I don’t. More, I am tired of the coaching turnstile over the past decade. At some point you have to stick to a plan. Any plan. One of us is wrong.

You’re not wrong, but the previous 2 coaches drove the program into a ditch that grew into a bottomless abyss - they HAD TO make changes. Not giving up hope that Edsall 2.0 can turn this around but the results of the last 2 years are historically bad. No more tearing down foundations. Get players in here that can make us resemble a football team again. Next year.

Reaction Score
Aside from certain fans feeling better about themselves, I am curious what would be gained by moving on from yet another coordinator.
Umm, you’re joking right?

Reaction Score
Why bother firing Crocker when you’ll have a temper tantrum and call for his replacement to be fired halfway through the Wagner game?
You wanna defend the worst coordinator in the history of college football, be my guest. I hate incompetence and Crocker is incompetent because the numbers tell us unequivocally so. The more informed among us saw this last year... which apparently makes us terrible people.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
You wanna defend the worst coordinator in the history of college football, be my guest. I hate incompetence and Crocker is incompetent because the numbers tell us unequivocally so. The more informed among us saw this last year... which apparently makes us terrible people.

I’m not defending him. In a perfect world he wouldn’t be the DC here anymore. Regardless, you’re never going to be satisfied with the DC no matter who it is. The next guy will fill you with just as much rage.

Reaction Score
I’m not defending him. In a perfect world he wouldn’t be the DC here anymore. Regardless, you’re never going to be satisfied with the DC no matter who it is. The next guy will fill you with just as much rage.
I’ll take blow average to start, and we got the bottom of barrel. My unhappiness rose when the team showed no improvement last year. Always a bad sign. That was last year. This year I would have taken below average, 100s. Instead we get the worst ever recorded, and zero improvement during the season. Honestly, any signs of life would have made me think twice. My measure is basic. Do we show improvement over the season, if so, something positive is happening and coaches are having an impact. Nothing positive happened.

Reaction Score
No, Crocker didn’t get fired (yet)... Just SH sending us warm wishes for a serene and happy holiday,

So, I recognized several different spots in the Jorgenson, but the second section of the clip in a grand entrance foyer, where was that?

C

Chief00

lol darn you medic! Thought this was announcing Crocker's release. I don't think he'll get fired if he hasn't yet

And his recruiting has been just as successful so far. How many 170pd DBs do we need?

C

Chief00

I hear you on not saying certain things in public. It could have a negative impact for sure. He also said something to the effect that if he played different players it would have been worse. Perhaps he saw things in practice that led him to that conclusion.
Either way I do believe we will see a different team next season. I know I’m jumping the gun here but a litmus test would be to blow out Wagner in the opener then play Illinois tough the next game. Will that be a determining factor on the rest of the season? No. But at least it will give us an indication of the mindset of this team. That’s the first thing that has to change in order for more competitive games to occur.

Same coaches, thus far no announced meaningful talent additions, sure there may be some incremental existing player improvements as 18 year olds become 19 year olds, yet why would anyone expect meaningful team improvement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom