Since you all seem so starved for any morsel of info | The Boneyard

Since you all seem so starved for any morsel of info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Here's an article in the Austin American Statesman I read while flying out of town this morning. Point 3 deals with realignment.

http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/bohls-likely-cotton-or-alamo-for-horns-ags-have-bi/nTFbQ/

For the link challenged.

"One high-profile Big 12 school administrator told me that Maryland’s defection to the Big Ten “puts a lot of pressure on the ACC to expand further to avoid becoming a little bitty league. I could see ’em adding Louisville and Cincinnati and Connecticut.” Another industry source close to the Big East said: “I expect the ACC will pick up UConn fairly quickly. They’d take UConn (over Louisville) because it’s a state school, it has better academics and the ACC needs a good anchor (in the Northeast).” Don’t be shocked if the Big East reaches out to Tulane soon and possibly Fresno State, Navy and Air Force later on."

Reaction Score
For the link challenged.

"One high-profile Big 12 school administrator told me that Maryland’s defection to the Big Ten “puts a lot of pressure on the ACC to expand further to avoid becoming a little bitty league. I could see ’em adding Louisville and Cincinnati and Connecticut.” Another industry source close to the Big East said: “I expect the ACC will pick up UConn fairly quickly. They’d take UConn (over Louisville) because it’s a state school, it has better academics and the ACC needs a good anchor (in the Northeast).” Don’t be shocked if the Big East reaches out to Tulane soon and possibly Fresno State, Navy and Air Force later on."
BCU, would you like some ice for that burn?

Reaction Score
Wow, this is really the only news we have today? Thanks for posting tho...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The Big East is going to reach out to a team already in the league? That's impressive even for the Big East.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
0983c9a7876c0c024b9b917c3381f33b-ncaa-conference-realignment-the-board-game.jpg

Reaction Score
Don’t be shocked if the Big East reaches out to Tulane soon and possibly Fresno State, Navy and Air Force later on

Ugh jeeeeesus christ, big east.

That conference is gonna be fugly in the very near future.

Reaction Score

I was relatively sure that, if you replaced the ways to deal with insurance companies with schools, this was how realignment was working.

Reaction Score
This MHver3 guy, I'll tell yeah. His tidbits are addictive, but I'm calling BS. I think he just likes to hear himself and plays into the rabid appetite of those who want to know. To me, it's just him voicing his internal dialogue/conjecture and he's playing it out there like he's a realignment ticker. It all makes decent enough sense so it's believable, but if I was to hasten a guess, it's coming straight out of his butthole and not from "contacts". I mean, if you follow him on twitter, it's a consant feed of random info. Does this guy spend his day working the phones of random contacts at different institutions who somehow have what is likely very tightly kept knowledge?

Reaction Score
For the link challenged.

..."Don’t be shocked if the Big East reaches out to Tulane soon" - he be a prophet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom