Since we've gotten past the lean FBS days... | The Boneyard

Since we've gotten past the lean FBS days...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
... this program has had a certain level of pride on the football field. Even though we've lost more than won the past several years we show a lot of fight. we don't get our butts beat ( especially at home ) for the most part (on the road) so bad (save the Cincy and UCF and the embarrasment at Buffalo last year -road games in recent years) that we can't be viewed as a horrible football team/program. IMO, fact is, we have a competitive program that is on the cusp of becoming a consistent winner. We have one more adjustment to go through with the new coach, but I think we're ready guys. My gut feeling. Plenty of bulletin board material for our program to take into account and make these so called 'experts' eat crow. I see a surprisingly successful season guys... 7 wins minimum in 2014. if you look at our schedule, that's attainable.

Excited for big improvement with this team this season and beyond. Go Huskies.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit overly optimistic, but I really believe if the offensive line is serviceable, this team could surprise and challege for 8 wins maybe more. We simply haven't had the ability of playmakers at the WR position like we have with Davis, Foxx and others like Bradley and Lemelle. Even a kid like John Green has explosive speed that if we could only find a way to get him to exploit that. I think we have enough at RB to be competitive.

I'm excited.

Reaction Score
I'm a bit overly optimistic, but I really believe if the offensive line is serviceable, this team could surprise and challege for 8 wins maybe more. We simply haven't had the ability of playmakers at the WR position like we have with Davis, Foxx and others like Bradley and Lemelle. Even a kid like John Green has explosive speed that if we could only find a way to get him to exploit that. I think we have enough at RB to be competitive.

I'm excited.

This sounds like me pretty much every year :) But I totally agree. If the O-line can maintain a block for even a couple more seconds this year, this team is going places. Can't wait!

Reaction Score
I am very optimistic about the future, but I think we need to temper our expectations for this year. I think UConn will be more competitive on the field, but we have a number of issues to be resolved as we head into the season. We have an inexperienced O-line and defensive front 7, not to mention a first time head coach. And, although we probably have more talent than we ever have, no clear starter at QB yet.

I would be very happy with 6 wins, improved play and coaching, and a bowl game this year.

Next year (2015), should be much better as our O-line and defensive front 7 will be more experienced and stronger, we should have a clear QB starter, good and experienced depth at RB, the impact of better coaching and conditioning as well as Diaco's incoming recruits.

Reaction Score
7 wins this season would be fantastic. Possible, but I would not bet the ranch. This team is very young and the OL is just about a complete unknown.

I really like the original post, because it is easy to forget the success this program has had and had very quickly out the gate - after watching the last coaching regime completely flounder. What was once a very physical brand of football at UCONN was completely taken away under P. I really think that he a GDL thought they were smart enough to finesse the offense with their play calling. Once Brown left, I don't think there was much left to keep what had always been a hard hitting defense from slipping to the same fate.

Diaco has to get UCONN football back to that physical brand of football. That's what makes sense for a northern program like UCONN. Let's hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom