Since we love to speculate on the future: Who does Geno choose as an All American-3 picks | The Boneyard

Since we love to speculate on the future: Who does Geno choose as an All American-3 picks

Reaction Score
Assuming Paige comes back and plays like she did last year, and soon; CW continues to play her game, her way; Caroline keeps pumping in points from everywhere; Azzi averages 15 plus points per game for the rest of year and leads the team in 3 point shots made/percentage.
Who are the 3 All Americans?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Assuming Paige comes back and plays like she did last year, and soon; CW continues to play her game, her way; Caroline keeps pumping in points from everywhere; Azzi averages 15 plus points per game for the rest of year and leads the team in 3 point shots made/percentage.
Who are the 3 All Americans?

Geno would not vote any players that don't belong. Games played is an important factor. Paige and Azzi are out too long so no chance, CW's play I do not see as AA. The only one with a chance I see is Caroline especially if she balls out with TN. But as I said in another thread., I really do not have detailed knowledge of full WCBB landscape.

Reaction Score
Too soon to tell! Let's resume the discussion in about
three weeks!

Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme, Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Christyn Williams are the only players per the NCAA eligible and to all of our eyes, qualified enough to be considered. I think Caroline has the best chances and should make 3rd team AP. As a freshman I think that's awesome.

UConn expectations are so high, it's important we keep in context that what Paige did last year is abnormal, what Caroline doing this year is abnormal. And reaching the Final Four is everyone else's pipe dream.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Caroline Ducharme, Olivia Nelson-Ododa and Christyn Williams are the only players per the NCAA eligible and to all of our eyes, qualified enough to be considered. I think Caroline has the best chances and should make 3rd team AP. As a freshman I think that's awesome.

UConn expectations are so high, it's important we keep in context that what Paige did last year is abnormal, what Caroline doing this year is abnormal. And reaching the Final Four is everyone else's pipe dream.
Exactly. UConn’s “bad seasons” are other teams “dream seasons”.

Reaction Score
My guess is that we have no AAs this season. Paige was the obvious choice, but will end up missing significant time. Our other players haven’t exactly won any high profile games without her. And those wins we do have all came by committee.

Our best shots are CW or Caroline, especially if either has a great game in a win over Tennessee. Both would need to up their scoring and efficiency to be viable candidates, imo.

Down the road, I think Azzi, Caroline, and Paige all have very realistic shots at gathering some AA awards.

Reaction Score
I'll jump in the pool of prosnosticators: Oliva!, Christyn,
and if we have a third..... a long shot to Caroline for
third team? I am unfamiliar with the " criteria" (if
there are such guidelines, so I would appreciate some
insights on this from anywhere in the Boneyard). Does
each group of 5 players ( first, second, and third team)
generally have a mix of Centers, Forwards, and Guards?
or , for example, should I expect three point guards to be
named over the three AA teams?. May every Huskie
has an exceptional February season, starting January 30th!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom