Since UCONN just landed Paige | The Boneyard

Since UCONN just landed Paige

Reaction Score
I’m really hoping ND can land Clark it’s a must at this point IMO.

Reaction Score
Clark is my favorite guard (left) on the class and ND has a shot.

However, I am starting to think the PG ND will sign is Deja Kelly.
So You don’t think ND lands Clark?

Reaction Score
I think Hailey Van Lith stays out west (Oregon or Oregon State), Clark goes to ND and Andrews commits to Baylor.

Heard Mulkey has been going very very hard after Hailey Van Lith. I don't think she leaves the west coast but your never know...

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
I would love to have Caitlin Clark, primarily because she's a superb player.
However, I'm very ready and willing (as if I have a say in the matter) to see if Jordan Nixon can step into the PG role next year. If so, the Deja Kelly interest makes some sense in that she'd back up Jordan (and Clark wants to play pronto).

One thing that happened with the last week is that I liked what I saw of Anaya Peoples very much in the Mickey D game. She was composed, measured, athletic and determined. She might not play PG for the Irish, but she's got a good handle and is the kind of tough guard the Irish love to have.
In the meantime, I'd love to see MM do some serious commuting to Iowa ;)

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Heard Mulkey has been going very very hard after Hailey Van Lith. I don't think she leaves the west coast but your never know...

She’s taken two trips out there to see her that I can recall. So she’s very serious about Hailey Van Lith.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So You don’t think ND lands Clark?

Clark admires Ionescu and may seek to follow in her footsteps at Oregon.

On the other hand, she says her recruitment is still wide open. We know Muffet is recruiting her hard. We know that she has visited ND. And we know that her Catholic faith is important to her. So I'm not ruling ND out.

ND making their first home visit of the home visit period to Kelly is a big signal to me that they see her as a top priority. And her welcoming ND first likewise signals her interest.

I don't think I've heard of any home visits to Clark. Probably later this month as a couple of her top schools are a bit busy right now.

Reaction Score
ND just seems to have a log jam at the 1 and 2 positions. They will likely have Nixon, Campbell, Gilbert, Peoples, and Prohaska (a player that is improving a lot). Sure some of them can move up to the three, but they would be playing undersized.

I never thought Bueckers was ever an ND lean, it didn't make sense to me. They have too many guards. Paige said it herself that the playing time and the opening at her position were big factors in her decision.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
ND just seems to have a log jam at the 1 and 2 positions. They will likely have Nixon, Campbell, Gilbert, Peoples, and Prohaska (a player that is improving a lot). Sure some of them can move up to the three, but they would be playing undersized.

I never thought Bueckers was ever an ND lean, it didn't make sense to me. They have too many guards. Paige said it herself that the playing time and the opening at her position were big factors in her decision.

ND is in a quantum state where they have somewhere between zero and "too many" guards going forward. Only Prohaska has done anything at all as a college player and even that's mostly as a defense/energy player. So as a fan, it feels like ND really needs some dynamic guards to replace Young/Mabrey/Arike even though a couple a few are in the pipeline already.

This is how it breaks down for the 20-21 season

PG - Nixon (Jr.)
SG - Gilbert (So.-R), Peoples (So.)
SF - Prohaska (Jr.), Campbell (Fr.)

I don't know if it classes as a logjam, but it may not appeal to the "I want to play right away" crowd. Not that Bueckers wouldn't have played immediately at any school...

Maybe Prohaska is a little short to play 3, but only a little at 5'10, plus she's pretty strong/rugged. At 6-0 (per USAB), Campbell has plenty of size to play 3.

I think ND's idea is to recruit a PG every two years. They tried it with Allen ('13) and Patberg ('15), but then Patberg redshirted so the timeline for her successor got moved from '17 to '18 (Nixon). So now, ND is back on plan looking for a PG in 20.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Bueckers had no need to worry about playing time at ND even if Skylar Diggins was re-enrolling.................:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Is Notre Dame's dearth of players Connecticut's major impediment to recruitment for 2020?

ND has shown for years that they/Muffet are recreuiters-supreme, seeming to have displaced Tennessee for top talent.

Connecticut desperately needs not just bodies, but top talent. Mississippi State is loaded with freshman talent, so too Stanford and Maryland and South Carolina. Tennessee ranges from toxic to iffy. So will the choice for Class of '20 talent be either South Bend or Storrs?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Is Notre Dame's dearth of players Connecticut's major impediment to recruitment for 2020?

Not really. I don't think ND and UConn have too many overlapping targets. Maybe Natalija Marshall, but I'm not sure how serious of a possibility UConn is for her. Seems like Stanford and ND are more likely.

UConn isn't looking at Caitlin Clark or Deja Kelly either.

Not exactly sure who else ND's top targets are but I don't think the forward names that are most likely for ND like Kylee Watson and Maddie Westbeld are UConn targets either.[/QUOTE]

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom