Since there's not a lot to look forward to on Selection Sunday, here's something to chew on... | The Boneyard

Since there's not a lot to look forward to on Selection Sunday, here's something to chew on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we were allowed to play in the post season, what type of seeding do you think we would have gotten? To be completely frank, I haven't watched much March Madness and have not taken much of a national look at the landscape in general.

With that said, I'd say we'd get anywhere between an 7 and 12 depending on how we would have done in the BET. If we won 3 or more BET games, maybe we play ourselves into one of those dreaded 7/8, flip of the coin match-up games. If we won just 1 or 2 BET games we're probably in that 10 to 11 range. Our RPI is 48 with an impressive 29 SOS. Divide that RPI by 4 and that puts you on the 12 line. We might have been given a seeding bump higher than our RPI dictated if we had won some BET games, and the fact that we beat a bunch of ranked teams in (SU, MSU & ND) and had close losses to a number of tournament teams (Georgetown, Marquette, NCSU, UNM) and split with Cinci, which might be a tournament team.

Can you imagine what type of seed we might have gotten if we had beaten the following teams we should have? Marquette, GU, 2nd Cinci game and the USF. If healthy during that late season 3 game losing streak, those 3 would have been Ws. Instead of being 20-10, we could easily been 24-6 and getting a pretty darn good seed.

With all that said, considering how under-manned we were all season long with no hope of playing in the post season, going 20-10 with wins over SU, MSU and taking GU & UM to OT was one h*ll of a fun ride. I couldn't be prouder of this team and coaching staff!

Reaction Score
I think Borges asked Lunardi about this at the BET and he said Uconn would be solidly in as about a 10 seed.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Other sites have suggested a 7 seed. Clearly, this team has accomplished a lot,more than last year and that team was a 9 seed...so, I think 7 or 8 seed would be right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom