Since I'm new to the board and it's the off season.... | The Boneyard

Since I'm new to the board and it's the off season....

Reaction Score
In an effort to get to know my fellow posters better, who is your favorite all time husky??
I'd imagine it will be a good mix of role players and superstars.

For me I have to go Pam Webber. I was in high school when Pam was active. I became a big Pam fan and it lead to me becoming a lifetime husky fan. Pam used to come to some of my high school track meets cause she was dating a coach from a rival track team. I got her autograph on my hat once. Great moment!!

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
My goodness. Of all the off-season threads covering recruiting, upcoming seasons, etc., I'm not sure I recall a thread asking for a "favorite". Certainly there have been "best", "all - time starting 5", "all-time team", etc., but, I'm not sure I recall a "favorite" thread.

And, I love it, because it opens up all kinds of subjective preference, personal bias, and flat-out starry-eyed fandom.
That being the case, here's my totally illogical, personal, subjective, nothing-to-do-with stats list.
- Kelly Hunt. Geez, she was cute.
- Kelly Schumacher, low-post swatter extraordinare
- Jamelle Elliot, ultimate over-achieving warrior.

Reaction Score
Stef's gotta be my favorite. I would put the Pulido moment right up there among the top. Diana's more-than-half-court, which I saw in person, is another. Any number of insane Maya passes for assists.A couple of Stewie's more forceful bocks.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
My most favorite moment - Pulido's sheer reaction of ecstasy after Pulido's last basket.

But as to an overall favorite player, how do you even begin to choose?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I haven't thought of who is my fave all-time in a long time. My first answer is Tamika Williams. Miss Consistency down low. But has anyone taken over that title as Dove's favorite Husky?

Hmmmmmm....

Yes. After thinking about it I will go waaaay back and say Kara Wolters is back as my favorite Husky. From Galoot to AA. Loved that.

Diana next. Then Tamika.

Reaction Score
Before: Maya and Diana and Stewie
Now: Napheesa and Katie Lou and Gabby
Future: Megan

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I feel like I just liked every single choice posted so far. Too many to choose from. Talk about being spoiled :D

Also, I have two answers, and they were both already used.
1. All of them (at least the ones I've watched, 94/95 onward) for one reason or another.
2. Diana. Obviously.
(3. This question is and will always be unfair.)

Reaction Score
I didn't start watching UConn until Diana's junior year, so I missed out on some pretty fair players. By the same token, I've seen more than a few. Hard to pick just one, but if you twisted my arm, I'd have to say Moriah. She's just so much fun to watch.

Reaction Score
Svet Svet Svet! I will never forget her on crutches on senior night with her parents flown in from Russia looking out at the crowd in amazement. Stories were that she had been literally saving her lunch money for four years to save enough to fly them in. And how much she grew from a shy boyish kid into a beautiful poised woman in front of our eyes. Of course, she didn't come all this way to pass the ball, and she was OPEN. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
DT. The GOAT. Still.

Kelly Faris. More guts than a slaughterhouse.

Maya. The talent.

Gabby. The most exciting, the most fun to watch. The future along with...

Stewie. Where WBB is headed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom