OT: - Simulated (non-NBA) pro basketball game | The Boneyard

OT: Simulated (non-NBA) pro basketball game

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I have a team in a long-running (~20 years) online simulated pro basketball game that is looking for additional owners. We don't use NBA players; the players actually come from a similar college basketball simulation. (So it's even more make-believe than your standard fantasy sports game! But at 44, I'm too old to get made fun of for doing something dorky. Also, if you wear Dockers, which many of you do, you're disqualified from calling anyone dorky.)

Each coach/owner gets a pro team and what's basically a G-league team (24 players total). You draft, train monthly, sign free agents, etc. Games run Mon-Sat and we get through about 3 full seasons in a calendar year. (One of the things that originally drew me to the game was being able to play it during the NBA offseason.) Not a crazy time commitment. Hey, I've got 2 kids under 3, a crazy dog and a full-time job (which is not, contrary to what you might think, posting on a college BB message board.)

It's free to try out for a season and then there's a very nominal fee to play ($5-10), although nobody who wants to play wouldn't be allowed to play.

It's fun. Good group of guys and a nice, responsive commish (the guy who wrote the game engine).

We've got a few openings. The regular season just ended and the draft isn't for another 5 weeks, so there's plenty of time to get up to speed. I guess if someone joined now they could start coaching right away (there are consolation playoffs that run concurrently with the real playoffs).

PM me if you're interested and I can tell you more about it, including which available teams have the highest upside.

Your internet friend,
nomar

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom