Simmons--credit when credit is due | The Boneyard

Simmons--credit when credit is due

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seems like Simmons has had a few good games in a row. I've made lots of negative comments about her (all merited imho) over the years so only fair to acknowledge when she does well.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Seems like Simmons has had a few good games in a row. I've made lots of negative comments about her (all merited imho) over the years so only fair to acknowledge when she does well.
Why? :)

Reaction Score
Although her shot selection was, is and likely will always be "questionable", she stepped up today in Massengale's absence. Good for her

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Simmons played well today. She has played very poorly at times this year but certainly played very well today as she has in several games during her career. The LVs' fortunes really do rest with her. She is capable of shooting them to the FF or shooting them out of the FF (as has been the case in other years).

It seems like the LVs have settled on the zone defense as their best defense. It worked very well against a team that doesn't shoot the ball that well.

Reaction Score
Good game. Brought her assist to turnover ratio up to 0.78 for the year.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
She has had some big games before. She is playing better the last few games.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Simmons played well today. She has played very poorly at times this year but certainly played very well today as she has in several games during her career. The LVs' fortunes really do rest with her. She is capable of shooting them to the FF or shooting them out of the FF (as has been the case in other years).

It seems like the LVs have settled on the zone defense as their best defense. It worked very well against a team that doesn't shoot the ball that well.
She shot the ball well. But still a lot of 1-1 play with her. 19 shots and no one else in double digits.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Good game. Brought her assist to turnover ratio up to 0.78 for the year.
0.78. Now that is really mean of you to point out.

But yes, Meighan seems to have gotten her head together a bit better recently, and she is definitely fun to watch, because like Sammi Prahalis, you just never knew what will\would happen. I'm still thinking that down the road as times get tough she'll just start jacking'em, but the neat thing about WCBB is that sometimes what we expect is all turned topsy-turvy and we see some players go to the next level.

Reaction Score
As an all-the-time Meighan critic, I was impressed today..... Good job, Meighan.

She still would be riding the bench on my team, but she seemed to be less undisciplined today.... and she shot well .

Reaction Score
She shot the ball well. But still a lot of 1-1 play with her. 19 shots and no one else in double digits.

actually the Lady vols had four players in double digits and 2 others with 8. a very, very balanced night for the entire team without their starting PG.

Reaction Score
and thanks SueBird for the thread. she is doing well right now. i hope she can stay within herself. she is fearless. that, i love about her.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
actually the Lady vols had four players in double digits and 2 others with 8. a very, very balanced night for the entire team without their starting PG.
I meant double digit shots taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog