2023 Recruiting: - Simeon Wilcher | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Simeon Wilcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

If we actually have a shot with him this could be a massive class... Wilcher, Bowen, Griffiths, Ducharme, etc. I also wonder if the staff decided to punt on a ball handler for 2022 and go all in on Wilcher for 2023. Ideally RJ would stay another year if that is the case.

Reaction Score
If we actually have a shot with him this could be a massive class... Wilcher, Bowen, Griffiths, Ducharme, etc. I also wonder if the staff decided to punt on a ball handler for 2022 and go all in on Wilcher for 2023. Ideally RJ would stay another year if that is the case.
Teammate of Corey's in HS

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just curious...did any interesting, influential friends respond to Simeon's post? (I don't know all the handles).
For a moment, I entered that alternative reality and envisioned 2 new nattys during his UConn career. A feeling I could live with, BTW.

Reaction Score
Just curious...did any interesting, influential friends respond to Simeon's post? (I don't know all the handles).
For a moment, I entered that alternative reality and envisioned 2 new nattys during his UConn career. A feeling I could live with, BTW.
E25C1CCD-1100-492D-86CF-A822C678A2FC.jpeg

Reaction Score
The jerseys are pure excellence, one of the best in the country. The visiting recruits always don these when they get these photos taken, so the staff clearly knows they are incredible. Make it happen!

My conspiracy theory is that the school very much wants to be branded as “UConn” as opposed to “Connecticut”

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
My conspiracy theory is that the school very much wants to be branded as “UConn” as opposed to “Connecticut”
I think that’s true. UConn is the brand synonymous with our basketball programs (thanks to Calhoun and geno), whereas “Connecticut” is more generic

you’ll notice the squid always refers to us as “Connecticut”… I’m sure partly based on his umass days… he obviously understands branding

Reaction Score
I'm not even sure this is a conspiracy theory, the school explicitly said this during the rebranding
I don't know how old @Guapo is but it was only 8 years ago when they did this. I guess if he's less than 20 he may not remember.

The University of Connecticut is officially rebranding itself as UConn.

President Susan Herbst said in her annual State of the University address that the school plans to adopt the UConn nickname as the "primary visual word mark for the entire institution."

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
To say the least, recruiting has picked up slightly under Hurley…kid is the 6th ranked prospect in his class. Rudy Gay was the 6th ranked prospect in his class.

Some coaches are able to project an image of themselves and their programs that wows recruits. Hurley is one of them.

We haven’t won anything and yet top recruits are being drawn one after the other.

With Ollie, especially at first, we were seeing UConn on a lot of kids’ lists but after a while it became clear that we or they weren’t really interested. Eventually we fans lost confidence in the staff’s ability to close. (Or develop players or make adjustments…)

Now I think we’ve really got a shot when we prioritize. Because this staff knows who to target and how to develop relationships.

I’m probably still sniffing the fumes from landing an in-state kid who wanted to stay home and another New Englander, but that’s also kind of the point. Aim high, but aim.

Reaction Score
huskies Screenshot 2021-09-02 092958.png

Simeon Wilcher got some positive comments on his UConn post including:
  • Our very own Corey Floyd (Roselle Catholic HS teammates)
  • 2023 5* SF Mackenzie Mgbako (NJ)
  • 2023 4* PG Jayden Lemond (NJ)
  • 2022 4* Roddy Gayle (Ohio State commit, NJ native)
  • 2023 4* SG Jahnathan Lamothe (MD)
If nothing else, good to see top-50 talent in our backyard hyping him up in UConn gear :cool:

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
View attachment 69582
If nothing else, good to see top-50 talent in our backyard hyping him up in UConn gear :cool:
The post got so many reactions it was featured on the Instagram homepage lol

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
View attachment 69582

Only cuz I’m annoying and he’s local to me, Roddy is a NY native - WNY/Niagara Falls/Buffalo area.

Reaction Score
Lemond as a 22 reclass is starting to look really attractive

He was terrible at Peach Jam. Didn't look remotely close to a player of our caliber. He's 6'2, skinny and can't shoot the basketball at all. Like, worse than Andre was in AAU. Unless he was seriously injured or ill that weekend, I'm in HARD pass territory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom