Silas Redd, Fortt, Golden | The Boneyard

Silas Redd, Fortt, Golden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NCAA will have to allow players to transfer without sitting out a year. I know it's horrible to think about football with this disgusting story out there but it's a reality that players are going to want to transfer and recruits are going to want to look elsewhere. Silas Redd is one of the best backs in the country and has a chance to be the best next year and a heisman candidate, his teammate Fortt also from Stamford is a stud. I would have to think they would have interest now in the homestate University and we all know Malik Golden had us as a finalist.

Reaction Score
PSU is not going to see NCAA sanctions. The NCAA has made it clear that this is a criminal issue. My guess is that kids who leave will have to sit out next year.

Reaction Score
that's how we got shoemate from USC after their scandal.

and I want to see the NCAA say no to kids who want to get out of that place. as screwed up as the NCAA is, they would not want to appear even more stupid or shortsighted than they already are. oh, who am i kidding.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
that's how we got shoemate from USC after their scandal.
Yeah but USC was facing NCAA sanctions and PSU isnt (as there scandel is criminal) that's why Shoemate could come here without sitting a season. I do think if any of the players wanted to transfer the NCAA might consider giving them a waiver so they can play right away.

Reaction Score
There is no way the NCAA won't let kids leave PSU without missing a year. Sandusky was using their shower room as his personal rape room.

Reaction Score
There is a lot more speculation than getting sanctions. This type of crime is not in the NCAA bylaws, but may be an unprecedented case. This article makes a good ase although I don't see this fully coming to fruition. My guess is that they do make an exception in this case, especially if more damaging news comes out. It would be wrong for these kids to have to stay in a program in a downward spiral like this.

http://kentsterling.com/2011/11/10/...ts-from-happy-valley-to-indianapolis-wwncaad/

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
What is the difference between this and Bliss at Baylor?

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think it is possible that players could transfer without sitting out but I don't think that will happen especially if they hire a Urban Meyer type of coach

Reaction Score
What is the difference between this and Bliss at Baylor?

Is that a serious question? Have you read anything on the PSU situation?

At Baylor, a players disappearnece led to an NCAA investigation that uncovered drug use and impropoer benefits. The schools wrong doing was improper benefits to players and not controlling player drug use.

So lets compare that to PSU. If the most recent rumors are true, a well known assistant coach is caught pimping children involved with is charity to rich PSU donors. PSU officials and coaches catch him and he gets offered a deal to resign in return for a cover up to protect the coach and the university. No legal authorities are told which is law in PA.

Not sure if I see the similarities in the two. BB team at Baylor gets caught with impropoer benefits and doing drugs. Top officials at PSU and the most recognizable coach in college football history uncover a child sex scandal and cover it up to protect the school. The Baylor murder was terrible, but the school was put on probation for your typical (now adays anyway) issues. Just the fact that Sandusky was a regular in the PSU offices as recently as last week is problem enough to eclipse the Baylor scandal. If the new rumors with PSU are accurate, then this is the biggest sports scandal in NCAA historya and maybe in sports. Death penalty for PSU football will definitely be on the table.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
at first thought i think the only way the commit class stays 75% together is if psu brings in a big time coach like a UM. but then i think, 1-why would that type of coach want to deal with this mess when better jobs will come around and 2- with what $$ now is psu going to pay that coach???

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't think the Death Penalty is on the table but I expect some kind of sanction when all is said and done with the investigations.

At Baylor, a players disappearnece led to an NCAA investigation that uncovered drug use and impropoer benefits. The schools wrong doing was improper benefits to players and not controlling player drug use.

So lets compare that to PSU. If the most recent rumors are true, a well known assistant coach is caught pimping children involved with is charity to rich PSU donors. PSU officials and coaches catch him and he gets offered a deal to resign in return for a cover up to protect the coach and the university. No legal authorities are told which is law in PA.

Not sure if I see the similarities in the two. BB team at Baylor gets caught with impropoer benefits and doing drugs. Top officials at PSU and the most recognizable coach in college football history uncover a child sex scandal and cover it up to protect the school. The Baylor murder was terrible, but the school was put on probation for your typical (now adays anyway) issues. Just the fact that Sandusky was a regular in the PSU offices as recently as last week is problem enough to eclipse the Baylor scandal. If the new rumors with PSU are accurate, then this is the biggest sports scandal in NCAA historya and maybe in sports. Death penalty for PSU football will definitely be on the table.

Reaction Score
I don't think the Death Penalty is on the table but I expect some kind of sanction when all is said and done with the investigations.

It certainly is not right now and the bylaws do not touch issues like what we are seeing at PSU. But, if this gets worse (and it could get REALLY worse) there would be whispers of it. Again, I don't think they would do it, but the article attached in my prior post is pretty good.

Per that article (and I understand it is an opinion based article):
Well-placed sources have indicated the Penn State Football death penalty scenario has been discussed, in detail, by NCAA executives in Indianapolis. They discussed how this may play out, then asked a speculative informal question of whether this would lead to the Death Penalty at Penn State. The 5 executives voted 6-0 (one voted twice) that eventually Penn State Football must go."

Reaction Score
Golden isn't going anywhere. He has told me that his decision is based on Penn state the school not the coach. He will be playing for Penn state.

Reaction Score
the NCAA has that catch all lack of institutional control.....these kids will be able to transfer next year without sitting out....

Reaction Score
PSU is not going to see NCAA sanctions. The NCAA has made it clear that this is a criminal issue. My guess is that kids who leave will have to sit out next year.

It may have become an NCAA issue with the 'rumor' that Sandusky was still involved in recruiting. And it's not horrible, it's life. The current players, who were not involved, need reasonable choices. For Penn State any rumor seems to become fact rather quickly.

Reaction Score

sounds like you are not familiar with the Baylor situation

Reaction Score
Golden isn't going anywhere. He has told me that his decision is based on Penn state the school not the coach. He will be playing for Penn state.

So far its the coach, the AD, the president, vice president, campus police. Rumors include donors, Sandusky on recruiting trips, Sandusky bringing children on bowl trips, DA's gone missing. What am I missing? This goes way beyond the coach.

Reaction Score
Regardless of sanctions, I can't imagine many young men wanting to be associated with PSU right now.

Reaction Score
Penn St will not be sanctioned, but they will be sued and with more details to come it will get ugly. I can't see any top tier coach wanting to have that job right now. They are going to suffer for several years and they probably will turn down a bowl game invite this year. How many parents do you think will want their children to go there right now?

Miami, Ohio St and a few other schools are all in a tough boat right now, given their high status, can't say I feel for them. I do however feel horrible for those innocent kids that went through this. Joe Pa and anyone with knowledge of this should go to jail, no excuse fot this tragedy.

Reaction Score
There is a lot more speculation than getting sanctions. This type of crime is not in the NCAA bylaws, but may be an unprecedented case. This article makes a good ase although I don't see this fully coming to fruition. My guess is that they do make an exception in this case, especially if more damaging news comes out. It would be wrong for these kids to have to stay in a program in a downward spiral like this.

http://kentsterling.com/2011/11/10/...ts-from-happy-valley-to-indianapolis-wwncaad/

Uh, did you actually read the thing you linked to? It's pretty sad that people are thinking only of recruiting advantages right now.

Reaction Score
Yes it does go way beyond the coach but he picked PSU for the school atmosphere, the teachers and student body. He took his recruitment very serious when it came to his life in football and out of it. He's is more than ecstatic about his opportunity to go to PSU and get a degree.

Reaction Score
Yes it does go way beyond the coach but he picked PSU for the school atmosphere, the teachers and student body. He took his recruitment very serious when it came to his life in football and out of it. He's is more than ecstatic about his opportunity to go to PSU and get a degree.
Then the best of luck to him. If he ever does change his mind ...

Reaction Score

That is sad. Anyone who chooses to go to Penn State after this fiasco is nothing but a FOOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom