Signs of a Slow News Day | The Boneyard

Signs of a Slow News Day

Reaction Score
500 words to say if UConn drops to FCS (which for the 1000th time makes no sense), Syracuse and UNC can back out of future home and homes. The only valuable thing to take away from this article is that the Syracuse AD is good friends with David Benedict, (maybe they can work out something in basketball soon, please!)

FBS or FCS? Contracts show scheduling UConn comes with...

Reaction Score
Didn't Bumheim kill the basketball series? I doubt the AD will override him.

Reaction Score
I get it, nothing else to write about. We all know UConn will never go FCS. It’ll be eliminated if anything and would save the school millions.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
2 articles in 2 days about UConn football in The Athletic and they are positive. Idiot Forde has a slow news cycle so he trashes UConn football. All I have to say is, if UConn football isn't relevant, why are they talking about us so much?

Reaction Score
Didn't Bumheim kill the basketball series? I doubt the AD will override him.

The only quote I ever saw was that he said with every conference going to 20 game schedules it is hard to fit in OOC with conference challenges, MTCs, and a couple tune-ups v. cupcakes.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I'm just perplexed as to why anyone is surprise such clauses exist.

Reaction Score
I'm just perplexed as to why anyone is surprise such clauses exist.
It’s lazy journalism. Probably read Chris’ article about why schools aren’t dropping to FCS then came up with the idea to read contracts to see if there were protections. I don’t understand how that warrants a subscription for information.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It’s lazy journalism. Probably read Chris’ article about why schools aren’t dropping to FCS then came up with the idea to read contracts to see if there were protections. I don’t understand how that warrants a subscription for information.
Lazy or clickbait? The media machine is doing what it does...stir the pot (for all points of view) and create clicks.

Reaction Score
Lazy or clickbait? The media machine is doing what it does...stir the pot (for all points of view) and create clicks.
I mean I’m not a “evil media” guy. But this poor program can’t catch a break. Little research is done and hit after hit piece comes. Feel bad for the players more than anything.

Reaction Score
I like the publicity and how the article highlights a key rationale for the commitment UConn has made (and will continue to make) to FBS. UConn is a national brand with a memorable legacy for several of its “new” opponents. Whereas Syracuse vs UMass appears manufactured and feels like an irrelevant schedule filler, Syracuse vs UConn feels historically appropriate and more like a rivalry renewed. I grow more optimistic with each new article and announcement.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I could care less if UConn ever plays Cuse again in hoops
UConn doesn't need to do any favors for Cuse

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
It’s funny to me that this is an article topic on The Athletic, and funny to see animosity in the comments (presumably from Not Mad AAC fans). Recruiting is at a stronger pace than previous years, the TV deal looks like a W, scheduling is impressive, etc. UConn football is having a nice summer, relatively speaking. Carry on, World...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom