Signing day officially cancelled | The Boneyard

Signing day officially cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Per UConnhuskies.com

Due to the forecast of inclement weather, Wednesday’s UConn Football Signing Day event at Rentschler Field has been cancelled. Fans can still follow the latest news of the day at UConnHuskies.com. UConn fans will be able to meet the new football coaching staff at a special meet and greet on Saturday, March 1 at the UConn Club Auction at the XL Center. The auction will be held on Saturday morning prior to the UConn vs. Cincinnati men’s basketball game at noon. No game ticket will be required for the auction and meet and greet

I was really looking forward to meeting the coaches. March 1st can't come fast enough!!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Per UConnhuskies.com

Due to the forecast of inclement weather, Wednesday’s UConn Football Signing Day event at Rentschler Field has been cancelled. Fans can still follow the latest news of the day at UConnHuskies.com. UConn fans will be able to meet the new football coaching staff at a special meet and greet on Saturday, March 1 at the UConn Club Auction at the XL Center. The auction will be held on Saturday morning prior to the UConn vs. Cincinnati men’s basketball game at noon. No game ticket will be required for the auction and meet and greet

I was really looking forward to meeting the coaches. March 1st can't come fast enough!!

Time to lay on an extra thicker layer of Preparation H and sit my assss on the computer chair all day.

Reaction Score
National Signing Day is still on. Uconn's NSD event at the Rent has been postponed.

Reaction Score
Sad, I was hoping the word would be postponed. I am getting a lot of social media from the staff, they are going to miss meeting me.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Random question....would it be an NCAA violation to have kids who are signing a LOI attend the Signing Day Event?

It would be a great tradition to start if you had all CT players who sign LOI with UConn appear at the event. They could get a great standing ovation from the crowd to show the state's appreciate and get to say a few words about why they wanted to stay home and play for the State University. It would certainly build up the culture and tradition in CT football.

....but again, I am sure it is against some NCAA rule and would be a violation! :)

Reaction Score
Random question....would it be an NCAA violation to have kids who are signing a LOI attend the Signing Day Event?

It would be a great tradition to start if you had all CT players who sign LOI with UConn appear at the event. They could get a great standing ovation from the crowd to show the state's appreciate and get to say a few words about why they wanted to stay home and play for the State University. It would certainly build up the culture and tradition in CT football.

....but again, I am sure it is against some NCAA rule and would be a violation! :)

I doubt it's a violation, all though it may not be completely official until the hard copy shows up, but in the years I've gone I've never seen one attend. Probably because it's a celebration of the entire recruiting class, and not the individual.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thanks for that

Here's my Selfie from earlier.

untitled.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors