Signing day at Rentschler rescheduled? | The Boneyard

Signing day at Rentschler rescheduled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Has anyone heard anything about Uconn rescheduling the signing day event? I realize signing day has passed but its not like this event is to announce who is signing with Uconn like its a big surprise. The main purpose of this event is to hear the coaches talk about the upcoming season, talk about/evaluate each new recruit coming into the program and to see game film from high school on each recruit. It gets fans thinking about football now and its also an opportunity to sell season tickets to the upcoming season.

Given the new coaching staff coming in and the excitement about getting a fresh start, wouldn't this be a great opportunity to re-schedule the event to introduce the new coaches and to run the event as they usually do by evaluating all the recruits, showing game film of the recruits, etc? Heard they originally were expecting a record turnout for this and I just don't understand how they can cancel and not think about rescheduling.

Reaction Score
Must have missed the announcement about it being rescheduled:

Due to the forecast of inclement weather, Wednesday's UConn Football Signing Day event at Rentschler Field has been cancelled. Fans can still follow the latest news of the day at UConnHuskies.com. UConn fans will be able to meet the new football coaching staff at a special meet and greet on Saturday, March 1 at the UConn Club Auction at the XL Center. The auction will be held on Saturday morning prior to the UConn vs. Cincinnati men's basketball game at noon. No game ticket will be required for the auction and meet and greet"

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I would highly recommend watching all of the videos that UConn posted on uconnhuskies.com and YouTube from Signing Day. Not the same as attending a live event but a really nice job nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom