Sierra Calhoun (2014) | The Boneyard

Sierra Calhoun (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hoopgurlz has a nice writeup on her after Nike Nationals. Sierra's brother Omar will be a freshman on the UConn men's team and there is mutual interest between Sierra and Geno, et al.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girl.../nike-nationals-features-nation-top-prospects

Sierra Calhoun (Brooklyn, N.Y.), NY Gauchos: In a lot of ways it feels like Calhoun has been around forever. The 6-foot wing has been on the national stage since the summer before her eighth-grade year and has always been a prospect of note due to her combination of size and athleticism. In the past 12 months, Calhoun has started to put it all together and take another major stride in her game. In Augusta, Calhoun was making plays off the bounce and showed off a much improved pull-up jumper against some of the best players in the country. Big wings who can score the basketball at a high rate are rare, and if Calhoun continues to develop and add to her game, she will possess a rare package of skills that will translate well at the next level.

U

UCONNfan1

Really like what I read about her. UCONN already has Ekmark for 2014. We are apparently looking at 4 or 5 other players, all elite prospects. I still hope we land 2 in 2013, but if not, 2014 could be a big class...

Reaction Score
... I still hope we land 2 in 2013, but if not, 2014 could be a big class...

Anybody else hoping for Chong to stay close to home and come to UConn? I think she's a great choice - imagine what would run through the mind of opposing coaches as Geno sits Bria down for a break and Saniya heads to the scorer's table!

HGN

Reaction Score
Wonk , I do remember that game.......Good game for both current and hopeful Huskie players.

With the surprise transfer of Engeln , it does put even more importance and urgency on the Class of 2013/14. Let's hope Chong stays a UConn lean and comes aboard as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom