Sidney Cooks: Is she a real consideration for UCONN? | The Boneyard

Sidney Cooks: Is she a real consideration for UCONN?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I noticed back when Cooks was Hoopgurlz ranked 5th behind Walker and Westbrook and just ahead of Chennedy Carter, her colleges for consideration were UCLA Bruins, Michigan Wolverines, Wisconsin Badgers, and the Purdue Boilermakers. No UCONN. What didn't Geno see in her at that time? Or was she focused on staying closer to Wisconsin? But there is UCLA? Anyone think there is a chance she hooks up with UCONN this time around?

Reaction Score
I dont know if there is interest with either party, but she is a good additon to our team and she should see that she has alot of opportunity for playing time.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Her name has come up here quite frequently recently, although unlike Westbrook there is nothing connecting her to UConn. At least nothing I have seen.

Then again, Adebayo came out of the blue.

So if Geno lands Westbrook and Cooks, everyone will be happy and we will spend the next six months doing OT music threads.

And arguing about starting lineups.

I`d settle for Westbook, happily.

The first summer session starts soon, maybe that will help shake things out. I`m bored, there hasn`t been a commitment announced in at least six hours!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I noticed back when Cooks was Hoopgurlz ranked 5th behind Walker and Westbrook and just ahead of Chennedy Carter, her colleges for consideration were UCLA Bruins, Michigan Wolverines, Wisconsin Badgers, and the Purdue Boilermakers. No UCONN. What didn't Geno see in her at that time? Or was she focused on staying closer to Wisconsin? But there is UCLA? Anyone think there is a chance she hooks up with UCONN this time around?
Of course UConn is her first choice, afterall this is the Boneyard!!! Multiple posters are going to guarantee that she and Westbrook will be here any day now. Just wait and see. Trust me too.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Westbrook wasn’t interested in UConn the first time around either, but a couple years at the wrong school sometimes changes a player’s outlook.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don't know if Westbrook, Cooks, or Collins are coming to UConn. I do know that the addition of any one or two of these will make UConn one very deep and talented team.

Reaction Score
Stupid question: when can all of these "potential" transfers" speak up and commit to UConn to either play this year or next year? It seems like so far that Anna and Abayo can play this year. Of these transfers, who else can play this coming year or are they futures?

Reaction Score
Stupid question: when can all of these "potential" transfers" speak up and commit to UConn to either play this year or next year? It seems like so far that Anna and Abayo can play this year. Of these transfers, who else can play this coming year or are they futures?

Seems like Aubrey Griffin has been forgotten that she "was" the first recruit to commit to UConn for 2019 season and that she was an McDonald's selection pick.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Seems like Aubrey Griffin has been forgotten that she "was" the first recruit to commit to UConn for 2019 season and that she was an McDonald's selection pick.

She isn't a transfer and there isn't a question about eligibility to play this year hence why she wasn't included. People haven't forgotten about her.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score

Westbrook/Collins potentially have a decent shot of immediate eligibility due to coaching changes at Tennessee. Coaching turnover has led to immediate eligibility for some transfers but hasn't worked in others. Cooks would likely sit out a year unless there were circumstances at Michigan State we don't know about.

HGN

Reaction Score
I haven't forgotten....and no one else should either. She wants to be at Uconn and I am glad to see her want to wear the blue and white.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Quick question re Cooks: Did someone post a few weeks ago that she came off the bench at Michigan State?

I assume I'm remembering that wrong. If she's as good as touted, wouldn't she be a starter?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Quick question re Cooks: Did someone post a few weeks ago that she came off the bench at Michigan State?

I assume I'm remembering that wrong. If she's as good as touted, wouldn't she be a starter?
Cooks came off the bench for the most part this past season, but also started 8 games. It is my understanding that the primary issue was that Cooks was dealing with tendinitis in her right heel that limited her PT to a degree.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know if Westbrook, Cooks, or Collins are coming to UConn. I do know that the addition of any one or two of these will make UConn one very deep and talented team.

When? 2019 or 2020 season. . . . I prefer the Tennessee players if they are eligible next season

Reaction Score
@JordyG insightful as you are. Assume Geno gets 2 of these along with Ania, Griffin, Ono, CW, Dangerfield, and Megan. Irwin and Bent that is 10 players 2 of whom are skilled and experience in the Geno ways. How long before Those 4 (including Ania,Griffin) blend seemlessly with the 7 carry overs from last year? Will they stumble into early February. Certainly, there will be hickup's --but how long? Even experienced players must learn the Geno way, ask Z or Butler. I see the staff has it's work cut out for themselves.

Reaction Score

@veryolddog --too many too much for even the greatest coach staff to try to blend into a fighting unit. No practices this summer, right? Only pickup games? So until Oct, late, they won't be anything other than individuals wanting to play. Lots of personalities, lots of different levels of ego's, different level and some bad habits to unlearn. No more please. I want Geno around for another 10 years at least--this is way beyond the call of duty, this is almost punitive to this staff. I don't want to be Shea or Geno not this year.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
@veryolddog --too many too much for even the greatest coach staff to try to blend into a fighting unit. No practices this summer, right? Only pickup games? So until Oct, late, they won't be anything other than individuals wanting to play. Lots of personalities, lots of different levels of ego's, different level and some bad habits to unlearn. No more please. I want Geno around for another 10 years at least--this is way beyond the call of duty, this is almost punitive to this staff. I don't want to be Shea or Geno not this year.

Wow, a couple of weeks ago we were worried about whether we might have to suit up a manager or two, now we are concerned about too many?

I think not. We have ten eligible for next year, Westbrook would make eleven. I`d like to see another big for 12, preferably eligible for next year but I could wait a year for a quality player like Cooks. I`d also take Collins in a heartbeat.

Geno can sort it all out, that`s why he gets the big bucks. You would expect that there would be some stops and starts early, but all that really matters is that they are a well-oiled monster truck come March.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Cooks came off the bench for the most part this past season, but also started 8 games. It is my understanding that the primary issue was that Cooks was dealing with tendinitis in her right heel that limited her PT to a degree.
Thanks, oldude

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I am not expecting this at all, but if both Westbrook and Collins come to UConn, in the same season that we’re resuming play with RockyTop, I imagine the hype will become hyper.

Reaction Score
Wow, a couple of weeks ago we were worried about whether we might have to suit up a manager or two, now we are concerned about too many?

I think not. We have ten eligible for next year, Westbrook would make eleven. I`d like to see another big for 12, preferably eligible for next year but I could wait a year for a quality player like Cooks. I`d also take Collins in a heartbeat.

Geno can sort it all out, that`s why he gets the big bucks. You would expect that there would be some stops and starts early, but all that really matters is that they are a well-oiled monster truck come March.
Tongue properly placed in cheek. Of course we are doomed no one over 6 ft 4, only 4 guards, 1 maybe 2 wings, no off guards, no far out's, no distance runners. Doomed. Geno will collapse under the weight of responsibility!! Doomed I tell you doomed. This group of players cannot get anywhere beyond the NC. What will CD do? Shea? Doomed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom