Sid Wilson Seems Motivated

Reaction Score
Posted on his Instagram tonight

Attachments

• C8A453F4-7FA9-4B58-97A3-D252CFF6F71A.jpeg
    C8A453F4-7FA9-4B58-97A3-D252CFF6F71A.jpeg
    685.4 KB · Views: 1,213
Reaction Score
As far as returning players are concerned, I would say he has the highest upside and most potential to surprise us.

Don't expect much from the 3 pt line, but if he can become consistent with an 18 ft jumper, and channel his inner Stix on the offensive glass, he'll be that long athletic role player we've been sorely missing.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As far as returning players are concerned, I would say he has the highest upside and most potential to surprise us.

Don't expect much from the 3 pt line, but if he can become consistent with an 18 ft jumper, and channel his inner Stix on the offensive glass, he'll be that long athletic role player we've been sorely missing.
Crazy as this sounds I think he’s our third most important player behind Al and Josh because we need him to play a bunch of minutes based on our conference matchups. He’s the only player on our roster who matches up with those 6’6/7 wings in conference. We really really need him to improve.

Reaction Score
He’s gunna get more points and blocks this year... and hopefully put on a little weight

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He might never be a sniper, but I think he can become a versatile defender, solid rebounder, and obviously a lethal fast break finisher. The hope is by the time he's an upperclassman, he can do some more in the half court offense.

Reaction Score

He needs to shoot and make the three somewhat regularly. 18 footers aren’t a good shot anymore. Just about any kid that makes 18 footers at a good clip shoots the three as well or better.

Reaction Score
Crazy as this sounds I think he’s our third most important player behind Al and Josh because we need him to play a bunch of minutes based on our conference matchups. He’s the only player on our roster who matches up with those 6’6/7 wings in conference. We really really need him to improve.

Polley?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

The 18' shot is gone in hoops in terms of taking them in the flow of a game. They're the result of busted plays or last second shots.

He,or any Husky, will rarely be in position to shoot 18 footers.

Reaction Score
The 18' shot is gone in hoops in terms of taking them in the flow of a game. They're the result of busted plays or last second shots.

I dunno I think they're fairly common against zones, especially if you position Sid at the FT line.

They're also extending the three-point line for next year, allowing more space for one dribble off a screen or pump-fake and shooting in rhythm. Isn't unfathomable.

Reaction Score
Only a sophomore, Sid has the opportunity to be a big big part of our success this season. If he can be a lockdown defender and score on three levels, his minutes per game this year will be among the highest on the team.

Reaction Score
I bought the hype last year. Kid really looked much more like a raw athlete than a basketball player last year. Game IQ, spacing, pass before the assist, cutting or not, when to work for your shot vs. giving up the ball; all things that good basketball players know how to do but Sid just seemed lost most of the time.
Sid needs to show he can be efficient on offense, get out and finish fast breaks and be active participant in half court offense. Hurley gets him to up his game it will be quite a recruitment tool (getting players to improve) for the coaching staff as Sid was just not ready last year.

Reaction Score
He needs to shoot and make the three somewhat regularly. 18 footers aren’t a good shot anymore. Just about any kid that makes 18 footers at a good clip shoots the three as well or better.

I was just about to say, if he's taking 18-footers, he should be glued squarely to the bench.

Take a 3 or find a better shot.

pj

Reaction Score
To take 18 footers, you'd better be a great offensive rebounding team. I don't see it with Polley on the floor.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did people even look at the recent team photo? Sid already looks bigger. He’s putting in the work. I think he’s going to make a huge leap and be a dynamic, game changing player for us. It may not come in October, but some time next season. Shooting 3s isn’t that hard. He did it reasonably well in HS. Something went wrong with his shot last season. It’s fixable.

Reaction Score
Polley's improvement potential as a "basketball player" is very important to this team also so I'm not on the 3rd most important player on the floor theory. Tyler getting stronger and more aggressive on the boards is huge for us as well as his ability to take people off the dribble with stronger moves to the hole. With him I am confident in his IQ and understanding of the game a confidence I don't have for Sidney. I am hoping though that Sidney is one of those athletes that can learn and understand what it takes to be a better player, doesn't always happen as much of the time you have those natural instincts or nothing.

To be honest this program and this team is at the point of every one of these players requiring a real nice jump of improvement in order to become a much better basketball team. The freshman are right there immediately also especially Akok since he's been here for 1/2 a year already and was exposed to what needs to be done.

Last edited:

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
With the 3pt shot being moved back, expect an uptick in midrange importance.

I'm hoping that the improved offensive spacing means Sid will be more effective at slashing to the rim. That's going to be his game if he's going to have success here, because I don't think he'll ever become a great shooter.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that the improved offensive spacing means Sid will be more effective at slashing to the rim. That's going to be his game if he's going to have success here, because I don't think he'll ever become a great shooter.
He will have to show some ability to put the ball on the floor.

Reaction Score

Much more important will be the ability to hit a 10-12 foot shot off of one or two dribbles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom