Sick of Ollie? no...Sick of MS? yes | The Boneyard

Sick of Ollie? no...Sick of MS? yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
get a grip UC99041114...your dramatic angst towards Ollie is misplaced. it is a game, not life. I say this living with MS, a neurologic disease, that, honestly, makes your little diatribe all the more hilarious.

honestly pal, if that game last night, this season, so far, is the worse thing that you have to deal with in your life, to complain about, consider yourself blessed, fortunate...it can be, could be, actually is, worse for other UCONN fans such as myself, when you are talking about reality, not some GAME...and the reality is a disease for which there is no cure...a disease that forces you to lose your living as a machinist because your eyesight has betrayed you to the point where you can no longer safely drive an automobile and function as a "normal" human being...or many other day to day tasks that healthy people take for granted, like walking or chewing and swallowing food.

count your blessings, sir, and realize that UCONN basketball is a distraction from reality, and a pleasure, whether they win, or lose, nothing more

someone, somewhere, has it worse than me, yourself, and others...so open your eyes and keep things in perspective...4 UCONN national championships, FOUR!! we've been blessed to be fans of this program, through thick and thin

Reaction Score
Why start a new thread about this instead of posting in the existing one? It's the same thing after every game where 50 posters feel the need to start their own "Thoughts" thread.

Reaction Score
The negativity on the Yard is insufferable. The team lost so many pieces from last year's team. They are young in so many positions. They lack the combination of talent and experience at some positions, such as a second guard who can create and a big who can stay on the floor who can score and defend consistently.

The team is what it is and can get better. How much better and how quickly, who knows. They have some talent but IMO, they don't have the personnel currently on the team to address it this season. I hope they prove me wrong.

But the constant attacks on the players and coach is mind numbing.

Reaction Score
The negativity on the Yard is insufferable. The team lost so many pieces from last year's team. They are young in so many positions. They lack the combination of talent and experience at some positions, such as a second guard who can create and a big who can stay on the floor who can score and defend consistently.

The team is what it is and can get better. How much better and how quickly, who knows. They have some talent but IMO, they don't have the personnel currently on the team to address it this season. I hope they prove me wrong.
They are missing a post option also. At least DD was one on last years team. The offense really has a tough time with the flow when they are pressured outside since they have no outlet inside. I commend DHAM for trying to make something happen last night as he was the only person trying to help RB.

Reaction Score
They are missing a post option also. At least DD was one on last years team. The offense really has a tough time with the flow when they are pressured outside since they have no outlet inside. I commend DHAM for trying to make something happen last night as he was the only person trying to help RB.
I agree, but I did note the lack of production from our bigs. The team simply lacks consistent scoring options apart from Boat.

Reaction Score
Why start a new thread about this instead of posting in the existing one? It's the same thing after every game where 50 posters feel the need to start their own "Thoughts" thread.

nyc.....here is a solution to your problem...don't click on the thread that is similar to the one that already exists, if it annoys you, sort of like the way that I avoid nyc, because it annoys me

just so that my reply isn't in any way similar to replies in the other "sick of Ollie thread", I'll add some originality.....you were the load that should have been swallowed

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Negativity and criticism are expected and frankly deserved when the defending national champs played like they did early in the season. But at this point, if you are still getting super worked up about losses, then you dont know much about the game. This team is missing fundamentally essential pieces and skills, ball handling and 3pt shooting being two that are especially important in a Kevin Ollie coached team. Thus, this team losing games at this point, especially against good teams like SMU, should not be a suprise to you, everyone should have tempered expectations at this point.

Blaming Ollie for the mess last night is like blaming the head cooach of the Knicks, Derek Fisher, for not getting his team to the playoffs. They simply aren't equipped with the pieces and tools to play at that level, and both UConn and the Knicks are looking at development for the future, which is disheartening for both fanbases considering the expectations they both carry, but are also both a result of the coaching staff and administrations recent moves/decisions, repsectively.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
First off, I hope your battle with MS goes as best as can be. That goes without saying as a fellow human being.

Secondly, this is a UConn basketball message board. People are obviously going to be passionate and come off as nuts, but I don't think is fair to just pull the "you think this is bad" card on a sports fan forum.

We've all had stuff deal with be it personally or with family and to sit here and make a statement like, well you think that is bad, try having ____ is kind of BS.

Nobody is saying a bad game is worse than some illness and as reactionary as posters can be, to imply that's what their point is, is pretty whack.

patrick

Hurley4#6
Reaction Score

First sentence is why I have been soooo far from this board this year!
And honestly the first time in forever that it's not the first thing I do in the morning!

:(

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
First off, I hope your battle with MS goes as best as can be. That goes without saying as a fellow human being.

Secondly, this is a UConn basketball message board. People are obviously going to be passionate and come off as nuts, but I don't think is fair to just pull the "you think this is bad" card on a sports fan forum.

We've all had stuff deal with be it personally or with family and to sit here and make a statement like, well you think that is bad, try having ____ is kind of BS.

Nobody is saying a bad game is worse than some illness and as reactionary as posters can be, to imply that's what their point is, is pretty whack.
It's appropriate to stop hysterical people when they over react. He felt UC99o4 was over reacting. You feel uconn13 is over reacting. Just a continuous batch slapping if you ask me. Bottom line is suffering brings out the worse in many if not most of us and makes it even more difficult to tolerate our different approaches to things.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

A negative post about Boneyarders being negative. Might be accurate, but it's still the same old same old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom