Siblings provide some support for UConn women's Griffin | The Boneyard

Siblings provide some support for UConn women's Griffin

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
By Carl Adamec Aug 12, 2020

Griffin, a 6-1 forward, is already one of the older players on the Huskies’ roster even though she is just a sophomore. If UConn is to be successful, she’ll likely play a key role in it.

“It helped a lot,” Aubrey Griffin said on Monday. “They make me tougher. They go as hard as if they were playing against a guy. They dunk on me and stuff and don’t take it easy.” It's made her tougher.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Aubrey's brothers are really good. I'm sure it was a good experience for her. I'm excited about seeing her again.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
My only hope for Aubrey is that she becomes a little more consistent in her play. I think all of us have seen her play remarkably well but only in spurts. So whenever they actually get to play games again, I really hope she makes a huge sophomore leap and shows us how much her siblings have helped her. I want our opponents to fear her (and our other players) from game 1 all the way to #12.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Aubrey's brothers are really good. I'm sure it was a good experience for her. I'm excited about seeing her again.

Uhh yeah. Older brother Alan, a 6-foot-5 guard, transferred to Syracuse in the spring after playing two seasons at Illinois, while younger brother A.J., a 6-4 guard, is one of the top high school recruits in the country in the Class of 2021 and a Duke commit. :cool: Their parents have got to be proud!! They were dunking on her and giving her "no quarter." Wouldn't it be ironic if she turned out to be the best athlete of the three? :confused:

Here's a question we'll have to wait 3 years to get the answer to...........Which one of the three goes "pro" first (if at all)? My money is on Aubrey. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There’s a lot of talk about several players development (including freshmen) and performance this coming year. Aubrey definitely has the possibility to slip on that supergirl t shirt. Future looks bright for the team, and I would be quite pleased for an Aubrey superstar breakout.

Reaction Score
Griffin too often would get the ball without knowing what she was going do with it. That is common for UConn freshmen. The game will slow down for her this season.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here's A.J. for Team USA in U-16 ball last summer. He's wearing #13 and has "Griffin, Jr." on his back. He's somewhere between 6'4" and 6'7". He was 3rd in ppg and 2nd in steals.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not to sidetrack the thread, but here's more of A.J. This is the athleticism that Aubrey possesses. Watch the rebound in the first few seconds. A.J.'s chin is nearly on the rim.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Not to sidetrack the thread, but here's more of A.J. This is the athleticism that Aubrey possesses. Watch the rebound in the first few seconds. A.J.'s chin is nearly on the rim.

It appears that talent runs in the family. After reviewing this video, I'm afraid I'll have to retract that statement about Aubrey possibly having the most talent of the 3. A.J. jr is a baller!! :eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom