SI: Women's Final Four field arguably strongest ever | The Boneyard

SI: Women's Final Four field arguably strongest ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think it is very possible to make the argument this is the strongest FF.

Reaction Score
Interesting that Mulkey said that Tennessee players also came off the bench in the game in which Griner and others were ejected. Anybody see that?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I didn't see it happen, but I saw that she claimed it. Not sure why she would bother. Who cares?

Reaction Score
Interesting that Mulkey said that Tennessee players also came off the bench in the game in which Griner and others were ejected. Anybody see that?

It was mentioned in their game thread, one of their players was on the floor too.

Reaction Score
Will the altitude affect the players or will the pressure of the semi's?

Reaction Score
I think it is very possible to make the argument this is the strongest FF.

Hopefully the Refs will call a good game and let them play. I would hate to see cheap fouls called that would effect the outcome of these games. n Anyone actually know who the Refs will be?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I don't think it was shown, but I believe it was Doris who commented at the time that bench members from both teams were out on the floor. Baylor's group were nearer the action and showed up somewhat prominently in the shots. I think you can say that all were out for peace-keeping purposes, but the problem is if things escalate you have more bodies ready to rumble and fuel the fire.

Reaction Score
This is a very unusual year. Just looking at the Sagarin predictor, Stanford this season would be a clear contender to win a national championship. Baylor, Notre Dame, and UConn have scores that indicate they would all individually be clear national championship favorities in most years.

Last year was the deepest field at the top by far. There were 6 teams with a score equivalent or better than Stanford's this season. Texas A&M and Tennessee dropped down with graduation losses, but the other four came back really strong to form what I believe is the strongest final four ever at this point. There have been several final fours over the last decade where there are only two teams of Stanford's quality or better in the final four.

Reaction Score
In this instance, it was probably a good thing that both benches were on the floor because they helped restrain their teammates and pushed them back. If they hadn't done that, the incident could have developed into something more serious between the two individuals involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom