SI rankings UConn #22 | The Boneyard

SI rankings UConn #22

Curiouser
Reaction Score
End Of The World Oops GIF by The Gregory Brothers

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It’s good for us to start the season in publications and ranked. I personally don’t think we will enter December still in top 25 ( would love to be wrong though!) , more importantly we need to be there as February turns to March. This team can and should grow into that ranking as season progresses. Right now still a lot of work to be done and questions to be answered.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
It’s good for us to start the season in publications and ranked. I personally don’t think we will enter December still in top 25 ( would love to be wrong though!) , more importantly we need to be there as February turns to March. This team can and should grow into that ranking as season progresses. Right now still a lot of work to be done and questions to be answered.
The Atlantis lineup in particular has me thinking the same thing about where we will stand entering December.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The Atlantis lineup in particular has me thinking the same thing about where we will stand entering December.
If you were a betting man, pick the over under of losses by Christmas.

the Over under is 2.5 losses

Actually would make a good poll.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If you were a betting man, pick the over under of losses by Christmas.

the Over under is 2.5 losses

Actually would make a good poll.

With Battle for Atlantis, at West Virginia, neutral against the Bonnies, and at Marquette, plus PC at home, if they come out at the under, it will be fantastic.

Reaction Score
Just looking at our schedule, the only way we don't enter December top 25 is if we do very poorly in Atlantis.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think we're going to have trouble scoring, which will lower this team's ceiling.

Reaction Score
I think we're going to have trouble scoring, which will lower this team's ceiling.
Agreed. We will go as far as Sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins take us. We know what everyone else is. We do know Sanogo, but if he can stay on the floor for ~30 mpg, he can carry us far. And if we get legitimate impact from Jackson and Hawkins, we can be a 4 seed (our ceiling imo).

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Agreed. We will go as far as Sanogo, Jackson, and Hawkins take us. We know what everyone else is. We do know Sanogo, but if he can stay on the floor for ~30 mpg, he can carry us far. And if we get legitimate impact from Jackson and Hawkins, we can be a 4 seed (our ceiling imo).
I’m not expecting anything from Jackson but 5-6 rebounds and 3-4 assists per game. His shot is still atrocious, so I’m not convinced he’ll be a difference maker scoring the ball this year.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I’m not expecting anything from Jackson but 5-6 rebounds and 3-4 assists per game. His shot is still atrocious, so I’m not convinced he’ll be a difference maker scoring the ball this year.
Yeah, it's not like he led the team in scoring during our scrimmage. His elite vision and passing probably won't be a difference maker for us scoring the ball either.

Reaction Score
Foundation of our rankings will depend on what happens in Atlantis. Get to the Final and we're good. You need to take these games very seriously when you have a schedule littered with weak opponents.

Reaction Score
Foundation of our rankings will depend on what happens in Atlantis. Get to the Final and we're good. You need to take these games very seriously when you have a schedule littered with weak opponents.
Huh? Only 8 out of 31 games are against what I would consider "weak" opponents (OOC cupcakes + DePaul).

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's not like he led the team in scoring during our scrimmage. His elite vision and passing probably won't be a difference maker for us scoring the ball either.

In fairness, it wasn't last year. I hope he's made a big jump but the scrimmage has zero predictive value.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Don't tell @Chin Diesel . He's already projected the entire season based off it.

Well played. Zero truth to it, but I like the way you think.

I was actually going to crack on the comment about projecting AJ as a decent scorer based off the scrimmage comment but I let it ride.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom