SI ranking of current top 100 NBA players | The Boneyard

SI ranking of current top 100 NBA players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like both Kemba and Emeka got hosed. I bet, as the Bobcats and Wizards improve, both crack the list next season.

Kemba is going to have a HUGE year, fwiw. And Emeka's personal numbers won't change much, but the Wizards are going to win 50+ games.

Reaction Score
Looks like both Kemba and Emeka got hosed. I bet, as the Bobcats and Wizards improve, both crack the list next season.

Kemba is going to have a HUGE year, fwiw. And Emeka's personal numbers won't change much, but the Wizards are going to win 50+ games.

I wouldn't be shocked if Kemba was one of the next few players listed. He wouldn't be listed much higher than that, but he's clearly better than a lot of the guys already on the list. He's been overlooked because he's on the Bobcats, but Kemba had a very good year last year. With Al Jefferson in town combined with the development of some of the younger guys, the Bobcats might actually be solid this year.

Also, Drummond is fascinating. I seriously can't wait to watch him this year. He's got to be one of the most exciting, intriguing young guys in the league. I think it's strange to see him listed so highly despite playing very limited minutes last year, but people are aware of what he's capable of now. He had a very productive offseason, and I'm very excited to see what he'll do on an interesting Pistons squad.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be shocked if Kemba was one of the next few players listed. He wouldn't be listed much higher than that, but he's clearly better than a lot of the guys already on the list. He's been overlooked because he's on the Bobcats, but Kemba had a very good year last year. With Al Jefferson in town combined with the development of some of the younger guys, the Bobcats might actually be solid this year.

Also, Drummond is fascinating. I seriously can't wait to watch him this year. He's got to be one of the most exciting, intriguing young guys in the league. I think it's strange to see him listed so highly despite playing very limited minutes last year, but people are aware of what he's capable of now. He had a very productive offseason, and I'm very excited to see what he'll do on an interesting Pistons squad.

Im surprised Kemba wasn't in the 51-100. That being said, he's closer to the 50 spot than the 100 spot so I expect to see him on there. One of the top scoring PGs in the league last year and that was with defenses focusing more on him than they will this year. Having Big Al down low is going to help him a ton.

If I had to rank UConn NBA players right now I would go...

Kemba
Drummond
Ray
Rudy (lower because of his poor player efficiency stats which are huge now, and also the Grizz success without him)
Caron/Mek/Ben

Reaction Score
Kemba wasn't even nominated as an honorable mention, which I find baffling. He obviously has some deficiencies - his defense is below average, his passing skills haven't developed quite as quickly as many in the organization would have liked, and he's somewhat of a volume scorer - but putting up 18 and 6 on the worst team in the league should warrant at least an honorable mention, if not a top 100 spot. It's completely nonsensical to include Drummond, Ray, and Rudy but not Kemba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom