SI picks up Mercury News reporter story | The Boneyard

SI picks up Mercury News reporter story

Status
Not open for further replies.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Huge news. We'll know more by tonight. Basically every major outlet is assuming the ACC is where we'll end up....meaning that ACC sources haven't exactly shot this down.

Reaction Score
I just don't understand why a san jose mercury news dude would be the one to break this story

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
I just don't understand why a san jose mercury news dude would be the one to break this story

Probably because of the BYU component.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Wilner is actually of the belief that losing UConn or Louisville to the ACC would actually INcrease BYU's interest/chances of joining the Big East.

Reaction Score

All the hackers are from there. Swofford's personal computer is like a barn door bust wide open!

Reaction Score
Wilner is actually of the belief that losing UConn or Louisville to the ACC would actually INcrease BYU's interest/chances of joining the Big East.

Maybe the theory is that the hoops schools split off, and what you're left with is a coast to coast most powerful of the unpoweful all sports conference. And, for whatever reason, maybe that has more appeal to them than the WCAC for hoops.

Reaction Score

In a weird way, the teams left outside the 6 bowl structure have improved chances with every defection. The chances of UConn, Cuse, Pitt, etc., making a finals bowl diminishes because of the competition. Meanwhile, these Mountain West guys are competing for other conferences for entry into one single bowl--and the competition is increasingly slim.

BYU must be licking its chops right now.

Reaction Score
In a weird way, the teams left outside the 6 bowl structure have improved chances with every defection. The chances of UConn, Cuse, Pitt, etc., making a finals bowl diminishes because of the competition. Meanwhile, these Mountain West guys are competing for other conferences for entry into one single bowl--and the competition is increasingly slim.

BYU must be licking its chops right now.

Here's the thing -- let's say the XII goes to 12 by adding Cincy and LV and we're in the ACC. Yes, for this turn of the contract the less powerful have an easier path to a major bowl than the BCS conference members (we may today frankly), but so what? That's one contractual cycle. You can already bet that the commissioners of the Pac Ten and SEC are asking how long they have to leave that arrangement in place for.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
BYU has their own deal that includes pimping the BYU network. CU &LU are on the phone begging not negotiating

Sent from my Lumia 920 via Windows 8. Now bite me Apple Droids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom