SI interview with Hurley | The Boneyard

SI interview with Hurley

Reaction Score
“You gotta recruit high level guys to come here”. That’s it because he has the chops to coach them up.

Reaction Score
"This isn’t gonna be a flashback to 2011."

Boneyard won't like this

Reaction Score
I love everything he's said and done with Jalen since getting here and I love everything Jalen is saying in return. As coach points out Jalen has been sloppy, there is a diamond there but it's been buried in the dirt, Hurley is polishing it. So much of what we do hinges on Jalen firguring it all out this season and I tend to think he will.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
[Swoon]

"This year it just so happens we have depth. Knock on wood, we’re gonna be able to play 10 or 11 people and pick up our opponent, pressure our opponent with our man defense and get the ball down the court quickly and play the attacking style that I like to coach. I like to make my opponent uncomfortable. I like to dictate the terms of the game and how it’s gonna be played at both ends. We’re going from a team that played a lot of zone last year and played a lot in the half court to playing like a frenzy. I think it’s a style most guys want to play. It’s a matter of can we instill it and install it by November?"

:)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Optimism and realism in one article. Hurley does have the pulse of UConn's storied history, of were this particular team is and were the program needs to go. This is what one expects with an experienced coach. I like the reference to being a tough, physical team that will fight and scrap the entire game.

Reaction Score
@Vancat id recommend updating the title of this thread to something like "SI interview with Hurley."

I feel like this should be getting much more play...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This year it just so happens we have depth. Knock on wood, we’re gonna be able to play 10 or 11 people and pick up our opponent, pressure our opponent with our man defense and get the ball down the court quickly and play the attacking style that I like to coach. I like to make my opponent uncomfortable. I like to dictate the terms of the game and how it’s gonna be played at both ends. We’re going from a team that played a lot of zone last year and played a lot in the half court to playing like a frenzy. I think it’s a style most guys want to play.
When you play UConn next year, when you’re watching the film, you’re gonna understand it’s gonna be a physical game. The team’s gonna have to show up and play at a high level to beat us because we’re not gonna beat ourselves.

:D:D:D
!
I try to control my enthusiasm this time of year, but, I feel like Hurley could be special for us.

Reaction Score
I love everything he's said and done with Jalen since getting here and I love everything Jalen is saying in return. As coach points out Jalen has been sloppy, there is a diamond there but it's been buried in the dirt, Hurley is polishing it. So much of what we do hinges on Jalen firguring it all out this season and I tend to think he will.
A lot of attention has been on Jalen and his player development this upcoming season and rightfully so. However, thinking about Hurley having 3 years to build up Alterique’s confidence again and develop his game is something to be really excited about as well.

Reaction Score
A lot of attention has been on Jalen and his player development this upcoming season and rightfully so. However, thinking about Hurley having 3 years to build up Alterique’s confidence again and develop his game is something to be really excited about as well.

Not a guard, but Carlton too.

Ton of potential in that kid.

I wish Hurley would have been here for Brimah.

Reaction Score
Let me add this and please forgive me for beating a dead horse but if Coach Hurley goes out there and leads this team to 25 wins and a good run in the tournament Kevin Ollies stock absolutely plummets even further down than it already is. I think itll be the nail in his college coaching coffin. I mean he may still get something somewhere down the line but itll be a very low level opportunity at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom